AR15Armory on Facebook

28 Replies, 7754 Views

(10-11-2023, 08:57 AM)specops56 Wrote: The Armory is not the first gun forum I was a member of to disappear. Several years ago the Military Firearms forum up and disappeared one day. Maybe the hackers just don't like ME!

Terry
I'm more than a little certain that firearms forums are a target of professional saboteurs. The spam flood on armory is pretty clear evidence of that. That we've had no contact from either woodsman or neil is fairly shocking though. Seems like they'd at least tell us something. This is almost the exact thing I was concerned about happening that I voiced on armory and my concerns were dismissed. Which I suppose I should have expected. Nobody ever listens to me.
(10-11-2023, 10:02 AM)smb5769 Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:57 AM)specops56 Wrote: The Armory is not the first gun forum I was a member of to disappear. Several years ago the Military Firearms forum up and disappeared one day. Maybe the hackers just don't like ME!

Terry
I'm more than a little certain that firearms forums are a target of professional saboteurs. The spam flood on armory is pretty clear evidence of that. That we've had no contact from either woodsman or neil is fairly shocking though. Seems like they'd at least tell us something. This is almost the exact thing I was concerned about happening that I voiced on armory and my concerns were dismissed. Which I suppose I should have expected. Nobody ever listens to me.

I listened but had no power to do anything. It's probably just a matter of time before this forum gets attacked.

Terry

Terry

I still say Neil was burnt out/otherwise occupied and could care less about the forum and actually wanted it gone 

he had disappeared and the moderators were struggling to keep it going and keep me in line 

I really miss TJ’s words of wisdom & wish he was here
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(10-11-2023, 01:51 PM)Rampy Wrote:

Terry

I still say Neil was burnt out/otherwise occupied and could care less about the forum and actually wanted it gone 

he had disappeared and the moderators were struggling to keep it going and keep me in line 

He could have sold it. He had a legitimate offer and rejected it. He preferred to let the forum die than sell it to someone he didn't like. Shows what he really thought of us.

Terry
(10-11-2023, 03:25 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

He could have sold it. He had a legitimate offer and rejected it. He preferred to let the forum die than sell it to someone he didn't like. Shows what he really thought of us.

Terry
He told me he wanted to keep it alive. I gave him rocket foots phone number and asked permission to give his number to rf. Neither rocket foot or I have heard from him since. 
At the time, I mentioned that a lot of the old timers are probably gone for good. That probably discouraged him. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't in conversations. My brother says I have all the tact of a Sherman tank.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 12:47 AM by tommag.)
(10-11-2023, 06:56 PM)tommag Wrote:

Terry

Terry
He told me he wanted to keep it alive. I gave him rocket foots phone number and asked permission to give his number to rf. Neither rocket foot I have heard from him since. 
At the time, I mentioned that a lot of the old timers are probably gone for good. That probably discouraged him. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't in conversations. My brother says I have all the tact of a Sherman tank.

Nothing you said discouraged him

Terry

Terry

Who knows 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it's hard to get the word ut about this new forum! Every time I try to farm some links in a forum or group, they get deleted! I don't know what else to do!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RocketFoot's post:

(10-12-2023, 02:13 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: Yeah, it's hard to get the word ut about this new forum!  Every time I try to farm some links in a forum or group, they get deleted!  I don't know what else to do!

By the time this forum was known about the Armory was 98% dead and only a couple last diehards tried logging on 

so I’m sure the vast majority of that forum had drifted away
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: