BOHICA

5 Replies, 81 Views

Updates: Driver Monitoring & Per Mile Road Tax

Terry
Been talking about this for years, it’s how they plan on restricting movement by making it to expensive to drive
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Ain't no tracking devices in my 1999 Silverado.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(Yesterday, 07:50 AM)specops56 Wrote: Ain't no tracking devices in my 1999 Silverado.

Terry

You have an OBD port & would have an installed tracker you can not disable 

Lots of insurance companies offer safe driver discounts for either using a OBD port dongle or like USAA that has you download an app & you can get up to a 30% discounts on auto insurance

(7 hours ago)Rampy Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:50 AM)specops56 Wrote: Ain't no tracking devices in my 1999 Silverado.

Terry

Lots of insurance companies offer safe driver discounts for either using a OBD port dongle or like USAA that has you download an app & you can get up to a 30% discounts on auto insurance

There's nothing that one human can make that another human can't break.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(6 hours ago)specops56 Wrote:
(7 hours ago)Rampy Wrote:

Terry

There's nothing that one human can make that another human can't break.

Terry

Yep, but from what I’ve read on the subject, you disable the tracker the vehicle becomes inoperable. 

Thats also why they are trying to do away with all non computer controlled vehicles along with going to electric vehicles 

2045 ot something like that is when this administration is mandating all new vehicles being electric 

Ive been looking at pre computer Dodge power wagons for this very reason but dang are they expensive (I’ve also been looking at EMP “proofing” a vehicle) 

Need to figure out water storage, but that’s another topic as is food & heat/electricity (solar)