Baltimore Key Bridge Taken Out by Ship

14 Replies, 699 Views

There's an enormous amount of kinetic energy released when a ship as tall as a skyscraper and massing hundreds of thousands of tons hits anything, and that could be interpreted as looking like an explosion.

But if you are asking if there were actual explosives involved, I have not heard anything about that at this time, and the subject matter experts I know (one of whom was a Navy helmsman, the other who works in the intelligence community) agree that this looks like an accident and not terrorism.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

(03-27-2024, 03:35 PM)specops56 Wrote: The FBI insisted it was not terrorism even before they started the investigation so, yeah, it was terrorism.

Terry

And not only was it terrorism, but they knew about it beforehand and possibly had a hand in planning it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post:

(03-27-2024, 11:52 AM)Rampy Wrote: From what little I’ve seen, the ship was not even in the correct channel to begin with & it was setting up for a collision with that pylon before the power went out

Now that’s tin foil for ya but it comes from a guy I was stationed with for 3 years & is now a cop in Baltimore who is retiring this year

It was off course from the get go but here is what I can't make work in my head. If it is known that single screw ships will yaw in a specific direction when the propeller is run in reverse, why would you ever run the propeller in reverse in a narrow channel unless you were on a direct collision course with the bridge, which at the time they reversed they were not? Their explanation for the turn is that the reversal of the prop caused it and they knowingly put it in reverse knowing it would push them into the bridge. Why not just coast on through without being in control since you aren't going to hit the bridge? We know they weren't going to hit the bridge until the turn and we know they did the turn on purpose. This just could be human error in response to the loss of power but why not just say that?
[-] The following 2 users Like MontanaLon's post:

It was reported they had 2 harbor masters/pilots on the ship

Oh and the ships captain is Ukraine
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

[Image: QZkefs5.jpg]

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: