Campaign contribution rant.

5 Replies, 324 Views

I've been reading about how the republican fundraising has been overshadowed by the democrats this year. I wonder if this is self inflicted?
I understand that your name is required for legal purposes, but in the last decade or so, online contributions require me to provide much more information such as email address and phone number.  Okay, I use an email address where I expect spam and seldom check.
The phone number thing is getting out of hand. I get 20-30 texts a day pleading for contributions. Replying stop to them doesn't appear to have an impact.  Whether they're paid or volunteered fundraisers, I applaud their efforts, but this constant bombardment has turned me off to the point that I'm no longer contributing.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

Amen..and as the congress critters claimed to work toward keeping others from sending spam they supercharged their own..it has had a significant impact on my contributions also..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

To whom would I contribute? I hate the idea of paying my second worst enemy to try and defeat my worst enemy.

My uncle ran for office in his county. He might’ve won, as he was a prominent ag. banker and many of area farmers owed their survival to him (he was president of the last solvent PCA in Kansas in the 80’s and retired as V.P. of a very successful ag bank). In so doing, he got a look at the “seamy underside” of the Republican Party. He told my dad, “I have to figure out how to lose! I can’t owe these people! I feel like I’ve jumped into a cesspool.”
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(03-13-2024, 02:13 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Amen..and as the congress critters claimed to work toward keeping others from sending spam they supercharged their own..it has had a significant impact on my contributions also..
To add to this, I'm even getting texts from the other side wanting help with things like getting supreme court justices thrown out of office. It looks like winred is selling their contact lists. Anything for a buck I suppose.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 03:03 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I hit the “delete and report junk” on every winred text I get..I contribute only to the individual..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

I get 2-3 text a month at the most, always from democrats and never Republican wanting money
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 11:30 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: