Deleting posts

6 Replies, 433 Views

We need an option to delete our own posts such as when we do a doubletap like I just did in the Good morning thread.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

I just deleted it for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(05-13-2024, 10:16 AM)olfart Wrote: I just deleted it for you.

Thanks! It would be better if we could do it ourselves. Not just for doubletaps but for posts we might change our minds about soon after we post it. Most of the other forums I'm on have this as an option in the edit drop down.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(05-13-2024, 01:08 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Thanks! It would be better if we could do it ourselves. Not just for doubletaps but for posts we might change our minds about soon after we post it. Most of the other forums I'm on have this as an option in the edit drop down.

Terry
I don't know if it's a moderator tool or if anyone can delete their posts but when I click edit≥full edit, I get the option to delete the post.  That might be just a mod thing as I can delete anyone's posts, not just my own.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(05-13-2024, 02:03 PM)tommag Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 01:08 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry
I don't know if it's a moderator tool or if anyone can delete their posts but when I click edit≥full edit, I get the option to delete the post.  That might be just a mod thing as I can delete anyone's posts, not just my own.

I just tried it and I get the option too. I never tried Full Edit before. I just use Quick Edit to take care of typos. Looks like problem solved. Thanks!

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

It's not restricted to moderators. I just checked, and it is an available option in FULL EDIT.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

Yes, delete own topics is an option in the full edit function. If it is missing for anyone for some reason, let me know!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 2 users Like RocketFoot's post: