DoubleTap Ammo SUCKS…..

12 Replies, 739 Views

Had a order with them for over a month & no answer to any e mail or even phone calls 

Finally e mailed the owner and said I have to have the ammo by Tuesday the 1st or I’ll cancel the order due to being out of town (his info posted on web page) and shockingly got a reply saying the ammo would be shipped last Friday & the owner replied & said the same thing (last Thursday) 

Ammo shipped SUNDAY according to tracking number I received Friday….

However ammo is now scheduled to arrive Thursday

When we will be out of town for a family funeral & no response from e mails about this problem they created…..

I placed an order with Staccato not knowing about the funeral & when I found out sent their customer service a e mail asking the same thing…. They replied with hours & shipped the next day & yep I’ve already received the order….

2 different companies with 2 entirely different levels of customer service
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Maybe you could provide the tracking number to a neighbor and ask them to watch for it?
Double tap has had a lot of mentions in podcasts in the last few years. They're probably swamped with orders.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Really don’t want the neighbors getting a heavy box from a ammo company

I can see being swamped, but how hard is it to either not ship it for another week or ship it when you said you would
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(04-30-2024, 06:34 AM)Rampy Wrote: Really don’t want the neighbors getting a heavy box from a ammo company

I can see being swamped, but how hard is it to either not ship it for another week or ship it when you said you would

Contact the shipping company and tell them to delay delivery until you return. UPS will do that for a small fee, FedEx likely will, too.
[-] The following 3 users Like olfart's post:

That truly sucks! But, it's the state of things in 2024 and will only get worse in the foreseeable future. Now I know not to buy from DoubleTap. Thanks!

Not that I have room for anymore ammo.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(04-30-2024, 07:45 AM)olfart Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 06:34 AM)Rampy Wrote: Really don’t want the neighbors getting a heavy box from a ammo company

Contact the shipping company and tell them to delay delivery until you return. UPS will do that for a small fee, FedEx likely will, too.
I didn't know that was an option. Thanks, that's good info to file away!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(04-30-2024, 07:45 AM)olfart Wrote:

Was able to do this, it did cost $10 but now it will actually be delivered when I’m home
[-] The following 4 users Like Rampy's post:

(04-30-2024, 09:22 AM)specops56 Wrote: That truly sucks! But, it's the state of things in 2024 and will only get worse in the foreseeable future. Now I know not to buy from DoubleTap. Thanks!

Not that I have room for anymore ammo.

Terry

this is 32 H&R Magnum for the yet to be delivered 632 UC J frame revolver so that’s why I could care less if it was not shipped yet

32 H&R Magnum is not very popular & only a few companies make ammo for it & DT’s has done really good in jell testing so I figured why not get some. 

I did jump on Staccato’s in house new 9mm ammo, it’s $312 for 1k rds & the price is locked in not to be raised. I’m getting a case every 6 months but can change the frequency whenever I want. Figure I’ll burn up all my steel cased crap & replace it with this
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Doubletap's velocities are not to be trusted either. They have burned many bridges in the 10mm community for lying about their velocities and not selling actual full power 10mm. Its too bad Underwood doesnt have any ammo in that 32 H&R magnum for you, that would be good to go for sure.
[-] The following 3 users Like 300BlkLivesMatter's post:

(05-01-2024, 12:14 AM)300BlkLivesMatter Wrote: Doubletap's velocities are not to be trusted either.  They have burned many bridges in the 10mm community for lying about their velocities and not selling actual full power 10mm.  Its too bad Underwood doesnt have any ammo in that 32 H&R magnum for you, that would be good to go for sure.

Rob Garret has shot them into calibrated bare jell & 4 layer denim covered jell out of the 1.78 inch 632 UC and showed the expanded bullets along with how deep they penetrated & it’s on his IG account. 

this is the 3rd or 4th jell test I’ve seen dealing with the 32 H&at magnum double tap ammo & want a bullet profile that’s fast to reload as I’m planning on carrying wadcutters in the revolver like I do in 38spl