DoubleTap Ammo SUCKS…..

12 Replies, 740 Views

(05-01-2024, 11:06 AM)Rampy Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 12:14 AM)300BlkLivesMatter Wrote: Doubletap's velocities are not to be trusted either.  They have burned many bridges in the 10mm community for lying about their velocities and not selling actual full power 10mm.  Its too bad Underwood doesnt have any ammo in that 32 H&R magnum for you, that would be good to go for sure.

Rob Garret has shot them into calibrated bare jell & 4 layer denim covered jell out of the 1.78 inch 632 UC and showed the expanded bullets along with how deep they penetrated & it’s on his IG account. 

this is the 3rd or 4th jell test I’ve seen dealing with the 32 H&at magnum double tap ammo & want a bullet profile that’s fast to reload as I’m planning on carrying wadcutters in the revolver like I do in 38spl

I am sure their 32 ammo is probably fine, it was the 10mm that they got into the controversy about.  Their 10mm "doubletap" load - a 135gr nosler HP on top of a 95g ball, is where they got their name from and where they got popular after all.  However they would post velocities on their ammo that was full power for a Glock 20 (which was the standard test setup at the time) but would not come nowhere near what they said it would.  When Sig started selling factory 180gr FMJ that was indeed full power and underwood started getting really spicy with their 10mm offerings, doubletap has kind of been left behind as far as 10mm goes.

I have thought about trying to get some more of those doubletap 10mm loads, if they have their velocities fixed it would make some potent bear medicine in my FN510 now that I live in grizzly country.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 300BlkLivesMatter's post:

I’ve got a few boxes of 357 Sig and 45acp from the early 2002-04 time frame when they were just starting up & was not impressed and moved on to different ammo

Don’t have a 10mm but after listening to a podcast with Lost River ammo (Idaho) they have a hard cast 10mm load that sounds like thors hammer
Got the ammo……unfortunately the 632UC revolver seems to be going to big dealers first and slowly trickling down to the little ones

[Image: IMG-0680.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0684.jpg]