EU elections

1 Replies, 263 Views

It looks like the far right is destroying the globalist left wing.  Even though it's been adopted by the neo Nazis, (who I have no love of), Rudyard Kipling's wrath of the awakened Saxon comes to mind.

It was not part of their blood, It came to them very late, With long arrears to make good, When the Saxon began to hate.  They were not easily moved, They were icy -- willing to wait Till every count should be proved, Ere the Saxon began to hate.  Their voices were even and low. Their eyes were level and straight. There was neither sign nor show When the Saxon began to hate.  It was not preached to the crowd. It was not taught by the state. No man spoke it aloud When the Saxon began to hate.  It was not suddently bred. It will not swiftly abate. Through the chilled years ahead, When Time shall count from the date That the Saxon began to hate.

Rudyard Kipling is my favorite poet, especially his later works as he became dissolutioned with the world as it was. Not only for it's ideas, but he was a master of pentameter, the words flow off your tongue like honey. For those not familiar with the melodic quality of poetry, try reading it out loud. I think you'll feel it.
Dang! From election results to poetry composition. Talk about drifting your own thread!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 11:52 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

For those who might think I'm using Kipling as a right wing propaganda tool, go back to his earlier writings which were less bitter. The barracks ballads and bali hi had those same melodic qualities.
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post: