Faster than speed of light?

6 Replies, 710 Views

Evidently this antenna design was issued a patent. It was to send radio waves at faster than the speed of light. I was obviously skeptical but had to read the article.  I'm no physicist but exceeding the speed of light is impossible, at least as of now, probably forever.
I read the whole thing with great interest to see "how is this done?"  It turns out someone at the patent office was duped! Anyway, it's an amusing read. It had me hooked.
https://www.qrz.com/articles/node_1709220596
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 05:49 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

I thought you were about to say we had someone join the site while spending a negative time on the site. Some of them are almost that fast.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

(03-22-2024, 06:28 PM)olfart Wrote: I thought you were about to say we had someone join the site while spending a negative time on the site. Some of them are almost that fast.
They're getting close!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Ok. I’m not a radio guy, at least not a HAM, just a lowly GMRS, but even I know that if the speed of light can be exceeded, a mere antenna won’t be what does it.

The patent office is U.S. Government, right? Thought so.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

If mass increases as it approaches the speed of light, maybe I'm faster than I thought.
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

Everyone knows that mankind won't achieve the speed of light until April 5th, 2063 in Bozeman, Montanna. We got some time yet!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 2 users Like RocketFoot's post:

(03-25-2024, 05:45 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: Everyone knows that mankind won't achieve the speed of light until April 5th, 2063 in Bozeman, Montanna.  We got some time yet!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wife’s running 95-100 in a 75…..hopefully no cops around & car is handling like a dream