Filter?

5 Replies, 1594 Views

Is there a way to filter out topics, members, etc? I have no desire to scroll through numerous "sourced" postings of which I have no interest. I have seen in the former site "Armory" where 1-2 members would post countless stories from other sources. The stories were never checked for accuracy and it was not uncommon for them to be incorrect. Regardless of accuracy, I have no desire to scroll through a large number of topics which are nothing more than pasted links from another web site. Thanks.
(09-08-2023, 08:19 AM)speedy Wrote: Is there a way to filter out topics, members, etc? I have no desire to scroll through numerous "sourced" postings of which I have no interest. I have seen in the former site "Armory" where 1-2 members would post countless stories from other sources. The stories were never checked for accuracy and it was not uncommon for them to be incorrect. Regardless of accuracy, I have no desire to scroll through a large number of topics which are nothing more than pasted links from another web site. Thanks.
Tbh that was a way to spur discussion on the link posted and to allow other members of the site to act as an editorial staff and verify whether the shared link was good info or false info. I really miss zephyr one zero's posts. They were always a good heads up on stuff that maybe wasn't getting coverage in the msm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smb5769's post:

You could IGNORE Alphie and not see any of those posts or if no one likes them, I can just delete the RSS feeds. There were just a way to import some gun related topics to help get some discussions going.

ETA: Yeah guys, let me know if you like them or not...Ammoland sends tons of stories! We just got 5 more! I'll shut it down if you guys don't want it. This forum is "For the People, By the People!"
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 11:52 AM by RocketFoot.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes RocketFoot's post:

Maybe limit to 3-4 a day..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

It was OK with the GOA and FPC but Ammoland churns out a lot of articles per day.
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
Thanks. Unless it's "earth-shattering" news to the avg Joe, I'd prefer to seek out the info on my own.