Finally shot this year.

10 Replies, 758 Views

Took the wife's new Python out for its maiden trip. Nice gun. Handles the heavies just fine with no bite . 2400 powder makes for a fire show though.....Next trip out I will set up targets and put it on paper as we just shot to shoot today. I function tested her little 410 single shot and I fixed an issue that I had caused by lubing the barrel catch...big no-no as recoil would open the action. 

[Image: ozooa6v.jpg]
[Image: NOotnPm.png]
[Image: M98ebTc.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Towtruck's post:

Somebody break out some marshmallows!

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

(12-27-2023, 10:18 PM)specops56 Wrote: Somebody break out some marshmallows!

Terry
I'm not sure you could keep the marshmallows on the stick!
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(12-27-2023, 10:18 PM)specops56 Wrote: Somebody break out some marshmallows!

Terry
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
When I get home, I can send you some of this ammo to test, it’s designed to maximize the 357 aspects while still having low recoil/flash and a decent follow up shoot time/accuracy

The 158gr TMJ is designed to have the swim PoI/PoA as the JHP

It’s not letting me attach the image, I’m in Canada on the hotels WiFi
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(12-27-2023, 08:49 PM)Towtruck Wrote: Took the wife's new Python out for its maiden trip. Nice gun. Handles the heavies just fine with no bite . 2400 powder makes for a fire show though.....Next trip out I will set up targets and put it on paper as we just shot to shoot today. I function tested her little 410 single shot and I fixed an issue that I had caused by lubing the barrel catch...big no-no as recoil would open the action. 

[Image: ozooa6v.jpg]
[Image: NOotnPm.png]
[Image: M98ebTc.png]

Flame on 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I shot some weaker loads with Bullseye and some with another magnum powder that did not produce fire balls. I made the mistake of letting the wife see a fireball before she shot the same rounds...she would not touch it even though the recoil was the same as the none flashing loads.
[-] The following 2 users Like Towtruck's post:

I’ve been doing some research & learning about the 38spl/357Magnum

In humans short barrel 357 got the reputation it has for the flamethrower effect. It was very psychological & coupled with the noise criminals dropped in shock or ran 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It takes a bullet going about 3,300 fps to start to do temporary stretch cavity damage in humans & that’s rifle velocity till then a well designed bullet going at the speed it was designed to go to open up or just poke holes with sharp edges does more damage
https://www.patreon.com/AmericanFighting...rshare_fan
I was wrong, it’s 2200fps

357 under 2200fps is just a faster 38 special. It's not doing anything more to a human target especially when it exits the body.

my point, one can run a 357 round in a 357 at a lower velocity and still get good performance without beating up the gun and shooter, and avoid the carbon ring in the cylinder when shooting 38 Special. DB and myself developed such a load. Can send you some to test.