Firearms in Canada

6 Replies, 864 Views

So I asked the border crossing Canada dude what it takes to bring firearms into Canada….

That triggered a closer vehicle inspection 🤣🤣 and was told no handgun, rifles/shotguns no problem as long as I’ve pre filled out the paperwork & can have a “reasonable” amount of ammunition for each firearm and had a justification for them (self defense is not justification) 

American customs asked if we had any firearms & I said no & asked if we did take firearms into Canada what do I need to have proving they were A tme firearms legally taken into Canada & the guy got very suspicious and serious & had us open the topper so he could inspect the bed of the truck as well as the cab of the truck. Was more a visual inspection than anything but he stopped being really friendly 

Gas was $1.32 a liter in Canada but max speed limit we experienced was 100kph so we got better gas mileage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tried to talk the wife into driving up to Alaska but she felt her job is important and skipping a month of school would not be a good idea 🤣

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/iefw-iefa-eng.html
The last time I went into Canada (other than a a situation where my friend had a driver's license snafu), was about 20 years ago. I was told at that time that in the near future I would have to show a letter from a club that I was competing in a scheduled match or have a valid hunting licence with a letter from my guide or outfitter. Also, my mini14 was about to become a restricted firearm, so don't bring it back. Other than the rescue mission for my friend, I forgot how to get up there.
You don’t want to go up there anymore, every time someone figured out I was a Yankee…… they got very apologetic and wanted me to know they did not like or vote for Trudeau 😳😳 Seems he’s disliked even more than Biden is….if that’s possible 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kept getting told welcome to Saskatchewan every time someone saw the trucks license plate and one of us was outside, the people are extremely friendly and nice……

Coming back into the states was an ordeal….radiation detectors, x rays and more as a American citizen

North Dakota is not as remote as Montana, went 75 miles without a cell signal or even seeing a ranch light and then we crossed into Wyoming 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

[Image: IMG-7814.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7819.jpg]
Next time just speak in spanish, chinese or farsi and they'll let you right in.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2024, 08:37 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

I hate going to Canada. Every time I cross the border back into the US I get raked over the coals. Although, I’ve only ended up face down on the tarmac in cuffs once… Apparently they’re looking for a bad guy named John Smith. I ain’t him, but it usually takes them a few minutes to figure that out.

No fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

(01-03-2024, 07:08 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: I hate going to Canada. Every time I cross the border back into the US I get raked over the coals. Although, I’ve only ended up face down on the tarmac in cuffs once… Apparently they’re looking for a bad guy named John Smith. I ain’t him, but it usually takes them a few minutes to figure that out.

No fun.

Ugh, getting yanked out of your car & thrown on the ground & cuffed…..that’s crazy 

it’s harder more intrusive to legally get back into the states than get into Canada 

wonder what they would do if I said I’m claiming asylum and my name is Mohammed Mohammad and I’m from Somalia 🤣🤣🤣
Give you a phone, free transportation and a key to a five star hotel..😡
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post: