First at bench in a while.

0 Replies, 152 Views

Disclaimer....I do not recommend anyone follow my reloading advice.....After shooting the Python the other day I realized I had lots of empty cases to fill. I have several hundred empty 45 acp's and lots of 357's that need back filled. I decided to let the 45's sit as I still have many thousands of rounds loaded of those. I did backfill a 150 round batch of 357's with a powder I have not used before....Enforcer.  I checked load data for 158g fmj and the starting load was at 12.5 and topped out at 14g. I decided to load them up at 13g to see if I liked it. I loaded them all, cuz that is how I roll. I loaded 158g plated semi wadcutters using Winchester small rifle primers. I don't push the plated pills at top speeds for obvious reasons. I have been using SRP's in my magnum 357 loads for a while and they seem to do the trick and never give me any trouble. I do stick with the Winchesters as they seem to be the softest SRP I have on hand. 

My reloading bench has been idle and is buried in construction crap. I managed to clear just enough...err, flatten out just enough to set up my scale and check my weights and make room to pull the handle. Maybe one day I will tackle the 45's.....and maybe I will get a chance to shoot these before 2025!
[-] The following 4 users Like Towtruck's post: