It happened again

5 Replies, 349 Views

Y’all ever have one of them days when the wife is busy in the city, and you are alone to amuse yourself for a few hours? This happened to me today, and I found myself wandering aimlessly about and dang it if I didn’t wander right into a gun store. 

Lots of good stuff on the shelf today that caught my eye, but one really spoke to me and I had to bring it home. 

This is a 1948 Colt Officer model Target 22 long rifle. Somewhere in its past it’s been parkerized and fitted with some hand made grips with left hand palm swell. I got it for $400 which I thought was pretty good. It locks up like a bank vault and I am quite excited to get out and shoot it. 

[Image: B4-BB3-A06-6-E55-4-C15-99-AD-BD6487950-A29.jpg]

[Image: CAC37-C63-A745-45-AB-A0-D6-9328-ABBF8451.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like The Shooters Apprentice's post:

I never run across deals like that!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Nice choice
[-] The following 1 user Likes pierceg's post:

I only had timr this morning to shoot a couple groups with it. I tried 3 times not to pull a shot and get a perfect group, but I let the gun down and didn’t do my part. It did its part though and I think it’s gonna be a keeper.

CCI standard velocity fired at 10 yards.

[Image: 0-B9-E1-CF2-0-D1-A-4078-BF91-86-B6-A5443586.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like The Shooters Apprentice's post:

Heck, I could do that. I'd even throw in a bunch of powder burns!😁
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Those fliers in the groups were really making me mad, because I knew it wasn’t the gun. I feel like I wasn’t giving the gun justice. It’s easy to shoot tight looking groups with a bigger gun where the bullet holes will cut each other. With a 22 it’s hard.

I had a feeling this gun would shoot good. It locks up with absolutely no movement on the cylinder. Hands down the tightest six gun I have ever owned.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Shooters Apprentice's post: