Kristy Noem's book

13 Replies, 222 Views

The British paper, the Guardian, writes about Kristi talking about killing a couple problem critters. She shot a chicken killing dog and a very aggressive billy goat.  I'm sure that will outrage the city folks.  I don't know about the rest of you but where I'm from problem critters were dealt with rather than trying to understand why they misbehaved. 
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/a...-goat-book
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

Yep, and it is a 1 strike and you are out world. One turkey season 3 decades ago I went hunting with a buddy on his land. He had mentioned that one of the neighbors let his dogs run loose and they chased deer. They were his deer dogs and it was pretty common in the fall to have hunts interrupted by the dogs although it was legal during that season and they actually moved the deer around giving some opportunities. I had roosted a bird and was working him after he flew down when the dogs ran a deer between me and the gobbler ruining the hunt. I went back to the truck and got my AR and went back into the woods and sat on top of a huge pile of sawdust left over from a thinning operation long ago. I didn't have to wait long before the dogs came running back through, still chasing the deer. When the dogs came into the clearing where the pile was I opened up on them. There were 7 of them, I got them all, but I did have to trail one a little ways and finish it off. I dug a hole in the pile and put the dogs in it and then collapsed part of the pile on top of them. A little bit of rearranging of the composted stuff on the top layer and you couldn't even tell there had been a hole dug, though it was pretty clear that part of the pile had collapsed. When I met my buddy for lunch he asked me, "Who was shooting a machine gun?" I told him I wasn't sure. SSS has been a thing for longer than I have been alive. Kristy would have been wise to remember that last S instead of writing about it. My friend didn't like the dogs either and legally I was well within my rights to kill them as was stated in the law. But there are some things you just don't advertise and killing dogs is one of them. The best way to deal with it is "He went to live on a farm" and let it go at that.
[-] The following 2 users Like MontanaLon's post:

Goats don't "go to a farm". They go to freezer camp.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

Iirc, she was using that as an example of making tough decisions. While I agree with her there, it shouldn't have been said in today's world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(05-04-2024, 07:46 PM)tommag Wrote: Iirc, she was using that as an example of making tough decisions.  While I agree with her there,  it shouldn't have been said in today's world.

I like the fact that she actually has the balls TO say it in today's world.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

A lot of stupid people have balls. They don't usually last very long. Having friends in South Dakota, I've gained a little knowledge of Kristy. There are legit reasons to dislike her. Shooting problem critters isn't one of them but her lack of discretion on several occasions is.
To modify Miranda a bit, "Everything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion."
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 10:59 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

Has to have baggage but what’s the opinion of Tulsi Gabbard?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

(05-05-2024, 10:52 AM)tommag Wrote: A lot of stupid people have balls.  ...............

That's true but not many politicians do.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(05-05-2024, 12:46 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Has to have baggage but what’s the opinion of Tulsi Gabbard?
I haven't followed her lately but it looks like she's figured out the democrat party and changed direction.  Whether that's a true change of heart or opportunism I don't know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(05-05-2024, 01:58 PM)tommag Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 12:46 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Has to have baggage but what’s the opinion of Tulsi Gabbard?
I haven't followed her lately but it looks like she's figured out the democrat party and changed direction.  Whether that's a true change of heart or opportunism I don't know.

She is a politician and therefor an opportunist first and foremost. It is important to note that she hasn't moved to the conservative side at all, she is just less of a communist than the average democrat, but I suspect that change is simply a short term move and she will revert back to the party line if she gets the chance by being elected to something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post: