Mountain Snow Storm

9 Replies, 1237 Views

Crossed Wolf Creek Pass, the one CW McCall made famous once clear and dry going West and then going east a couple days later & going east we ran into a wall of snow

https://youtu.be/AQmdJWzIcA8?si=TqLc2u_kKZVOf_FK
[Image: IMG-7205.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7199.jpg]
Ooohhhhh boy……….on the way home semis were throwing chains going up and coming down

[Image: IMG-7339.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7344.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7342.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7348.jpg]
Then we caught up to this clown, he was not using his gears/engine but instead using his brakes & we could hear them squealing without any problem & he would let up, they stopped screaming & he immediately went full retard and stood on the brakes……

Slipped past him & got the hell away from him as I expected his brakes to overheat & fade away

[Image: IMG-7347.jpg]
I think I'll stay in the South.

Terry
(12-08-2023, 11:50 PM)Rampy Wrote: Then we caught up to this clown, he was not using his gears/engine but instead using his brakes & we could hear them squealing without any problem & he would let up, they stopped screaming & he immediately went full retard and stood on the brakes……

Slipped past him & got the hell away from him as I expected his brakes to overheat & fade away

He might even been empty and the jake could cause his drive axles to slide. When it's slippery, I'll use minimal jake brake and try to balance them with regular brakes.
(12-09-2023, 12:26 PM)tommag Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 11:50 PM)Rampy Wrote: Then we caught up to this clown, he was not using his gears/engine but instead using his brakes & we could hear them squealing without any problem & he would let up, they stopped screaming & he immediately went full retard and stood on the brakes……

He might even been empty and the jake could cause his drive axles to slide. When it's slippery, I'll use minimal jake brake and try to balance them with regular brakes.

No idea if he was loaded or empty but using brakes instead of gearing is a excellent way to overheat them when on a long 7% downhil run with some dangerous switchbacks 

We were using engine/gears and hardly any brakes
(12-09-2023, 08:33 AM)specops56 Wrote: I think I'll stay in the South.

Terry

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
“Donner party, we have your reservation for dinner. Your table is ready.”
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(12-09-2023, 09:58 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: “Donner party, we have your reservation for dinner. Your table is ready.”

This was this past March when we drove out to California. Picture taken at Donner Pass rest area on I80 😳😳😳🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

[Image: IMG-1765.jpg]