2 Replies, 44 Views

[Image: IMG-20241008-115539272.jpg]

Henry 357/38 special
Chisel handguard
XS Sights Optic Rail
Holosun 510c red dot
Rugged Obsidian multi cal suppressor
[-] The following 5 users Like pierceg's post:

Ive always been very much a traditionalist when it comes to lever guns, but this spring I got a chance to get to know a Smith & Wesson 1854 44 magnum and fell in love with her.I finanlly got over the dirty feeling and put a 45 cal can on her and it was game over. Shooting subsonic 44 mags or 44 specials is such a hoot. I sold me Marlin 357 this spring, but its next on the list to get replaced.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Shooters Apprentice's post:

(6 hours ago)The Shooters Apprentice Wrote: Ive always been very much a traditionalist when it comes to lever guns, but this spring I got a chance to get to know a Smith & Wesson 1854 44 magnum and fell in love with her.I finanlly got over the dirty feeling and put a 45 cal can on her and it was game over. Shooting subsonic 44 mags or 44 specials is such a hoot. I sold me Marlin 357 this spring, but its next on the list to get replaced.
After 150 years of walnut on a lever action,  plastic just seems so wrong. We've become so accustomed to that look that anything else seems out of place but it's hard to argue with results. From a utilitariIian standpoint, there seems to be no downside, moisture doesn't change pressures on the barrel.
  I have the same reaction to wood-stocked ar15s since they've always been black plastic.
I remember you telling me about your s+w. That click-whap sound is so cool!