Pictures - Where do you want them?

22 Replies, 5436 Views

I wanted to test out whether I can upload pics straight from my phone into posts on this forum.
Didn't see a "Pictures" sub-forum.

Edit: I don't see an icon above for inserting images from my phone - just from web pages.
I do see at the bottom the option to upload pics. Tried it, but image was too large.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2023, 10:00 PM by Emptymag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emptymag's post:

You can post pics anywhere...I'll check it out tomorrow, I might have to crank up the allowed image size for mobile uploads!

Thanks!
RF
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
Testing PC upload
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 11:04 AM by RocketFoot.)
Testing mobile upload:

(07-03-2023, 06:35 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: Testing mobile upload:

Looks good now!  I upped the max upload file sizes!
Using the "Attachments" box at the bottom of the page, I can't upload from my phone for some reason.
It may be my phone (old Galaxy S10) - I can go to the "camera" folder where the photo is at, but then nothing appears for me to choose from.

On the other forum (Verticalscope) I can select the "photo" icon (like up above on here) up above and choose to get the image from the web, or from my phone.
On HERE, it (image icon) only gives the option to import an image from the web.
Did this work? 

[Image: 223-Large.jpg]
It worked!
That is a Post Image link. One thing to remember about that is if for any reason you close your account with a third party image site all your images on the forums will disappear. For uploaded images as attachments the site owner can make it so those images become the property of the forum and you can't delete them. It's in the terms of service in itsy bitsy teenie weenie print in the user agreement. I know this because I do that at my forum. If you upload an attachment to SchwinnBikeForum it becomes property of SchwinnBikeForum only the admin can remove an attached image. There are many reasons for it but this isn't the place to discuss that because it's a legal beagle thing. That's why I tell my members it's better to use a third party image site. Then they can control their own images without admin approval.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023, 11:48 PM by JenniferG.)
(07-04-2023, 11:46 PM)JenniferG Wrote: That is a Post Image link. One thing to remember about that is if for any reason you close your account with a third party image site all your images on the forums will disappear. For uploaded images as attachments the site owner can make it so those images become the property of the forum and you can't delete them. It's in the terms of service in itsy bitsy teenie weenie print in the user agreement. I know this because I do that at my forum. If you upload an attachment to SchwinnBikeForum it becomes property of SchwinnBikeForum only the admin can remove an attached image. There are many reasons for it but this isn't the place to discuss that because it's a legal beagle thing. That's why I tell my members it's better to use a third party image site. Then they can control their own images without admin approval.

The bad thing with hotlinking from 3rd party sites is that the 3rd party can also decide when to delete your photos which happens frequently with some of the smaller hosting sites.  Less not we forget the Photobucket mass extortion of millions of people's photos for "new" monthly subscriptions!  Here on AlphaRomeo15, you can click your username in the header>User Panel>Manage Attachments (under Misc) and you have full access to remove any attachment you have uploaded!