Russian spam

5 Replies, 29 Views

We seem to get a steady stream of new posts in Russian. Is there an way for the software to automatically block posts in a foreign language?

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

That’s not nice of you, Comrade. If you don’t learn Russian, how will you ever get well Red?
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Haven't you noticed it goes away pretty quickly? Maybe we don't prevent it from appearing, but we can it shortly afterward.
(4 hours ago)olfart Wrote: Haven't you noticed it goes away pretty quickly? Maybe we don't prevent it from appearing, but we can it shortly afterward.

Yes I have. My concern is that they may do a major dump and break the forum. If this one goes away like the other one did, I don't think we'll find another one.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

While we're doing fine right now, another volunteer or two wouldn't hurt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

It was a Russian site iirc that originated the attack on armory. I'm still major pissed that Neil said screw it and let it die. I hope we aren't on the verge of armory part two. I'm being honest I've pulled back a lot from engagement because that was a little over a decade of posts I had made however worthless they may have been, and years more of others posts, and people who's last little bit of memory and personality post mortem had lived on died right along with them. Really made me re-evaluate where I spend my time and how. Anyhow, hopefully whoever is in charge keeps a tight rein on cyber security here.