S&W M&P Shield 2.0 45acp… anyone have or carrying one?

4 Replies, 1183 Views

I’m seriously thinking of getting one for carry.  How well does it carry and conceal? How does it shoot? What’s the recoil impulse like with SD ammo compared to a 1911. I’m also interested in the difference between the regular and Performance Center version. Is it worth the price difference?

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

I have a first generation M&P .45 and it’s wonderful to shoot, recoil is really mild compared to my 1911’s for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Do you have a range close to semi close where you can rent one & shoot it?

I’ve not been paying attention to S&W semi autos and have no idea how they are doing quality wise. Know the S&W revolvers are hit or miss as far as quality & having warranty issues

I’m waiting to see what new and improved comes out at shot show in a couple weeks
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 07:32 PM by Rampy.)
(01-04-2024, 06:59 PM)Rampy Wrote: I have a first generation M&P .45 and it’s wonderful to shoot, recoil is really mild compared to my 1911’s for some reason 🤷‍♂️

I’ve not been paying attention to S&W semi autos and have no idea how they are doing quality wise. Know the S&W revolvers are hit or miss as far as quality & having warranty issues

I’m waiting to see what new and improved comes out at shot show in a couple weeks

The couple of indoor ranges that rent guns are on the opposite end of the county from me.

Terry
(01-04-2024, 09:01 PM)specops56 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 06:59 PM)Rampy Wrote: I have a first generation M&P .45 and it’s wonderful to shoot, recoil is really mild compared to my 1911’s for some reason 🤷‍♂️

The couple of indoor ranges that rent guns are on the opposite end of the county from me.

Terry

Well then, that’s rather problematic now ain’t it 😱😢😢 Chances are if I wanted a blaster but wanted to shoot it first I’d make a roadtrip out of it & depending on distance possibility even spending the night somewhere.

Furthest I’ve driven to fondle/shoot a pistol I was interested in is about 170 miles & yes I’m crazy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(01-04-2024, 10:09 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 09:01 PM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Well then, that’s rather problematic now ain’t it 😱😢😢 Chances are if I wanted a blaster but wanted to shoot it first I’d make a roadtrip out of it & depending on distance possibility even spending the night somewhere.

Furthest I’ve driven to fondle/shoot a pistol I was interested in is about 170 miles & yes I’m crazy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never said I wouldn't make the trip. I just want to be sure I'm interested enough to spend almost as much for gas as I will for the gun first.

Terry