Stepping Into The 21st Century

9 Replies, 806 Views

Finally broke down and got some indoor & outdoor cameras as well as a doorbell camera 

Couple cameras have pan & tilt, not to mention they all have speakers & night vision. Will be able to torture the dog and track him from room to room, not to mention the wife 🤣🤣🤣

Now to learn how to set it up and control it from my cellphone, no computer needed…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Now that I have good internet speed I need to get at least one camera for the front porch and one out at the garage. Probably just watch the cats, coons, and deer walk by all day and night though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Towtruck's post:

This is the R2D2 camera 🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://youtu.be/XHNm1-Cpq_E?si=nCNEToR7sPfWItUV
(03-21-2024, 05:36 PM)Towtruck Wrote: Now that I have good internet speed I need to get at least one camera for the front porch and one out at the garage. Probably just watch the cats, coons, and deer walk by all day and night though.

We are having a large uptick in crime, from vandalism to stealing shit out of the yard/garage, trailers & drugs are getting worse

I’m looking to have a outside/inside system with cloud storage so if anything happens hopefully someone gets caught on video

Not putting a camera in the bedroom, my snoring is really boring 🤣🤣🤣🤣
(03-21-2024, 06:34 PM)Rampy........ Wrote: Not putting a camera in the bedroom, my snoring is really boring 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And for that, we are all grateful!

Terry
Do your outdoor cameras have headlights? A lot I see here, as I walk in my neighborhood and my son’s neighborhood, have 1 or 2 little lights that turn on as soon as movement is detected.

Seems to me that a trespasser who didn’t notice the camera, has now had his attention drawn to it and knows exactly where it is. Deterrent? Maybe. Knows what avoid/thwart/ disable? Maybe.

What kind of cameras did you get? What’s the thinking here?
(03-21-2024, 07:26 PM)specops56 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 06:34 PM)Rampy........ Wrote: Not putting a camera in the bedroom, my snoring is really boring 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And for that, we are all grateful!

Terry

I cry 🤣🤣
(03-22-2024, 11:29 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: Do your outdoor cameras have headlights? A lot I see here, as I walk in my neighborhood and my son’s neighborhood, have 1 or 2 little lights that turn on as soon as movement is detected.

Seems to me that a trespasser who didn’t notice the camera, has now had his attention drawn to it and knows exactly where it is. Deterrent? Maybe. Knows what avoid/thwart/ disable? Maybe.

I went with what the IT guru son in law recommended for the clueless & got the wireless Blink. I went with night vision capabilities instead of having an external light for the reasons you mentioned. 

So far it’s a relatively simple process to get things up and running 

https://blinkforhome.com

(03-22-2024, 05:32 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 11:29 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: Do your outdoor cameras have headlights? A lot I see here, as I walk in my neighborhood and my son’s neighborhood, have 1 or 2 little lights that turn on as soon as movement is detected.

I went with what the IT guru son in law recommended for the clueless & got the wireless Blink. I went with night vision capabilities instead of having an external light for the reasons you mentioned. 

What is the detection range and the trigger speed? If it's comparable to the Stealth Cam game camera I have on my front gate now, I'm tempted to make the switch.
Oops... just noticed it is wifi based rather than cell phone based. That won't work on my front gate.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 06:25 PM by olfart.)
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(03-22-2024, 06:21 PM)olfart Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 05:32 PM)Rampy Wrote:

What is the detection range and the trigger speed? If it's comparable to the Stealth Cam game camera I have on my front gate now, I'm tempted to make the switch.
Oops... just noticed it is wifi based rather than cell phone based. That won't work on my front gate.

Really don’t know the detection range & trigger speed, we don’t have a large yard & never paid any attention to it. Have been playing around with location trying to blend it in while at the same time get clear video 

Ive also been toying with the idea of getting cell phone game cameras to stash in the trees covering the road & ally as I park on the street & the truck is covered but not as good as I want. Just found out today someone smashed the neighbors shop camera/lights (motion activated) and broke in (access from the alley & zero lighting back there.