Templeton Distillery

5 Replies, 719 Views

Tasting flight, was a tasty experience 😱🤣🤣

Off the beaten path but they were still fairly busy & we were told in the summer they are almost always full

[Image: IMG-7051.jpg]
Looks interesting. If they were available here I'd review them.

Terry
I use to do annual fire alarm inspections at the distillery. Very interesting to see the process. The warehouse is  bigger than a football field. It is almost completely full stacked 6 high with barrels in different grades of rye whiskey.
(12-16-2023, 09:56 AM)specops56 Wrote: Looks interesting. If they were available here I'd review them.

Terry

It’s said to be Al Capon’s drink of choice & he was involved with it during prohibition 

We sampled clear corn whiskey befor the aging process and like a dummy did not get a bottle.

I liked the 10 year barrel strength Rye the best so we sagged a bottle of it.

For whatever reason I tend to like Rye
(12-16-2023, 11:35 AM)glock45 Wrote: I use to do annual fire alarm inspections at the distillery. Very interesting to see the process. The warehouse is  bigger than a football field. It is almost completely full stacked 6 high with barrels in different grades of rye whiskey.

Stumbled across a rack of 40-50 bottles or more years ago in Walmart when it was still imported from MGD distillery 

From what I understand they are distilling it all now and not importing any more, wanted to go on the tour but……the warehouse looked huge 

Fire alarms eh  I installed/inspected/serviced them along with inspecting fire extinguishers and servicing them years ago in another life  😂😂

Next trip to Iowa want to swin in and get a bottle of corn liquor 🤣🤣🤣
(12-17-2023, 01:13 AM)Rampy Wrote: Fire alarms eh  I installed/inspected/serviced them along with inspecting fire extinguishers and servicing them years ago in another life  😂😂

I did my share of inspection and maintenance on extinguishers, fire standpipe, watertight doors and other firefighting gear on my last ship as Damage Control Petty Officer for my division. I actually enjoyed that collateral duty! I was also one of the 2 "Keyholders" for my watch section. I had the combination for one of the 2 safes that contained the keys that unlocked the missile controls. To this day I still have bad dreams of forgetting the combo!

Terry
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 10:36 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: