Texas Insanity WTF…..

8 Replies, 3936 Views

Trying to figure out what’s going on in Texas

We have plans to visit Space X and it’s a 3 day drive from here as we take backroads & avoid major cities 

Today our hotel reservations were canceled in a  average sized border town on the way to Space  X as I want to see what’s happening first hand 

Can not make new reservations, called and was told they are sold out….full and this is in March…..

Then I see this…..WTF, Texas state government taking over city property 

[Image: IMG-7930.jpg]
Folks are making reservations for a month or so in anticipation of flight #3..talked to a guy yesterday that’s heading down with a travel trailer for however long it takes to see the next lift off..

As to the Eagle Pass thing, unless they need somewhere for LE to stage, I have no idea what’s going on..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

We are going to check out Space X in March (wife’s spring break) and thinking about stopping in Eagle Pass to eat at the world famous Wagon Wheel 🤣🤣

Will be staying in Canyon (south of Amarillo) and Boerne on the way down
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 12:54 AM by Rampy.)
Was just reading that Texas DPS/Rangers have taken over this location in Eagle Pass and locked out the federal government/border patrol

It is the main area criminals illegally enter Texas in Eagle Pass and DPS is putting a stop to it

Now that’s Facebook rumors so no idea if it’s true
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/17456...13076.html

That's what I've been reading. It looks like Texas is tired of the border patrol smugglers.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 05:09 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(01-12-2024, 12:36 AM)Rampy Wrote: We are going to check out Space X in March (wife’s spring break) and thinking about stopping in Eagle Pass to eat at the world famous Wagon Wheel 🤣🤣

If you have a couple of hours in Canyon do a drive through Palo Duro Canyon..second only to the Grand Canyon..
Any trip through the Texas Hill Country (Boerne) is special..if time, there’s the Three Twisted Sisters and Luckenbach..
Maybe not this trip, but at some point you need to do the Big Bend National Park, stay in Terlingua and eat at the Starlight Theater..
As to Eagle Pass, I love my Governor!
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

(01-12-2024, 09:24 AM)Snake46 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 12:36 AM)Rampy Wrote: We are going to check out Space X in March (wife’s spring break) and thinking about stopping in Eagle Pass to eat at the world famous Wagon Wheel 🤣🤣

If you have a couple of hours in Canyon do a drive through Palo Duro Canyon..second only to the Grand Canyon..
Any trip through the Texas Hill Country (Boerne) is special..if time, there’s the Three Twisted Sisters and Luckenbach..
Maybe not this trip, but at some point you need to do the Big Bend National Park, stay in Terlingua and eat at the Starlight Theater..
As to Eagle Pass, I love my Governor!

Trying to have enough built in time for daily side trips 

Never heard of Palo Duro Canyon, will definitely check it out 😎😎

Never been to the Boerne area before, did not want to spend the night in San Antonio & it looks like a good place to stop 

I wanted to hit Big Bend/Terlingua but don’t have enough time this trip
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

[Image: IMG-7938.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

https://x.com/chuckcallesto/status/17458...QPNBT1P9sw
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post: