Texas Threat…..

8 Replies, 6265 Views

See if this screen shot posts 

[Image: IMG-6195.jpg]
Something about that message doesn't sound right to me. But then, I'm not familiar with how the AF words and formats their official messages.

Terry
Apparently it involves someone potentially wearing an AF uniform, so schools' Air Force ROTC uniform wear is suspended. Civil Air Patrol also wears the AF uniform, so they are directed to go directly home after a meeting if in uniform.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Yep it’ROTC so who knows

I’ve read on a couple groups where military wear of uniform off NAS is forbidden or heavily restricted

No idea if it’s related

Fort Sam had shots fired and someone ran the gate at camp Bullis & the AF cops opened fire on em the car crashed off base, no idea who was driving
This is what happens when you don't trust your military to go armed on base.

Terry
(10-26-2023, 06:31 PM)specops56 Wrote: This is what happens when you don't trust your military to go armed on base.

Terry

That started with Clinton & spiraled down 

However, the AF has several programs that allow arming of base volunteers that attend a simple unit marshal program along with on duty back office (not working flight) security forces like training and the ID section 

The base commander also has the ability to authorize off duty security forces to carry personnel weapons concealed on base as well as credentialed retirees 

problem is, no 2 bases are the same…..
One drive around Fort Jackson is all it would take for terrorists to know they'd have a field day! We are in deep doo-doo.

Terry
(10-26-2023, 11:56 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 06:31 PM)specops56 Wrote: This is what happens when you don't trust your military to go armed on base.

Terry

That's been the case forever. Any weapons on base were secured by the armorer and had to be checked out by orders from a unit commander. Privately owned weapons also were secured in the armory and checked out as needed for a specific event, such as dove hunting or pistol competition.
(10-27-2023, 08:17 AM)olfart Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 11:56 PM)Rampy Wrote:

Terry

That's been the case forever. Any weapons on base were secured by the armorer and had to be checked out by orders from a unit commander. Privately owned weapons also were secured in the armory and checked out as needed for a specific event, such as dove hunting or pistol competition.

I can’t speak for any branch other than the AF. When I was in the armory every week I’d take M16’s, M15’s & M60’s to CATM and I’d throw them in the trunk of my car. I’d also have a radio & be armed with a M15 as “guard weapon” in case something happened 

And more than once I’d take those weapons home with me for the weekend instead of the hassle of going back to the armory & when I did that I’d carry my M15 concealed anywhere I’d go off base in a X15 shoulder holster 

We would also take POV’s to the range with whatever weapon we were qualifying with instead of getting a GOV 

Clinton stopped that & we actually got a 44 pax bus with a manual transmission 🤣🤣🤣

If you lived in base housing it was requested that you register your weapons with the armory but not required 

if you lived in the dorms you had 72 hours to register with us & you could check the weapons out & keep them in the dorms for up to 72 hours (unless leaving the area) 

When I was on Okinawa both the Army & Marines freaked out over our loaded weapons 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: