Texas Wildfire

19 Replies, 1034 Views

Unreal 

[Image: IMG-8781.jpg]
There's 3,041 wildfires so far this year.

Terry
(02-29-2024, 10:05 AM)specops56 Wrote: There's 3,041 wildfires so far this year.

Terry

We had one the other day that closed I80 as well as I25 driven by 50+ mph winds, took over 7 different fire districts/departments to finally get it out 

Texas fires are unreal, blowing thru towns & ranches
I just saw a news article that stated this fire is the second largest fire in U.S. history.
Seems to me that arson would be a very cheap, safe and easy way for terrorists to terrorize a country. Just saying.

Terry
(02-29-2024, 03:26 PM)specops56 Wrote: Seems to me that arson would be a very cheap, safe and easy way for terrorists to terrorize a country. Just saying.

Terry
I tend to wargame things like that in my mind. Not to plan things, just mental exercise. I dreamed up a scenario that I'd love to brag about, but I wouldn't want to help the bastards with the idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(02-29-2024, 04:00 PM)tommag Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 03:26 PM)specops56 Wrote: Seems to me that arson would be a very cheap, safe and easy way for terrorists to terrorize a country. Just saying.

Terry
I tend to wargame things like that in my mind. Not to plan things, just mental exercise. I dreamed up a scenario that I'd love to brag about, but I wouldn't want to help the bastards with the idea.

I do the same thing. I thought up a scenario like that too.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(02-29-2024, 12:13 PM)tommag Wrote: I just saw a news article that stated this fire is the second largest fire in U.S. history.

What I saw was it’s the 2nd largest dirt in Texas history. Know a guy in Texas who is organizing a relief convoy with flatbeds full of hay & grain & food/water for humans as the Canada (town name) was devastated as was cattle ranches in the are 

Outside of Amrallo a few miles is a top secret Pantex facility where every single nuclear weapon gets assembled or taken apart. They had to evacuate the facility and lock it down preparing to be overrun by fire but the winds shifted and they resumed normal operations

They have a fire department on site that’s highly trained and they have wildland equipment and plans to secure the facility in case of fire

I’ve done the what if game for years setting up different scenarios. Whats wild is I rattled lots of cages about securing nuclear warheads & sites here and over the years have seen & been told my ideas/suggestions proved to be valuable and were implemented to some extent
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

And we have another wildland fire, several homes/barns on fire and pulling in mutual aid brush trucks, engine and tenders from over 100 miles away
(03-01-2024, 04:10 PM)Rampy Wrote: And we have another wildland fire, several homes/barns on fire and pulling in mutual aid brush trucks, engine and tenders from over 100 miles away

Where?

Terry