The lotteries have gotten insane.

4 Replies, 233 Views

I used to play the same numbers for every Powerball, 2 drawings a week, $1 per draw, so $2/week. I knew it was a sucker game but I did it anyway.  They kept increasing the amount of numbers (lessening the already poor odds) and went to 3 drawings a week at $2 each.
Now, the big prize is in the billion dollar area.  What in the hell would a person do with that amount of money?  I used to dream of buying a small ranch, maybe a couple sections, but I'm getting too old for that. Even that wouldn't put a dent in the checking account. 
Assuming an after tax payout of 360 million (current prize), giving 20 million to 2af and goa, there would still be more left than a normal person could ever use, even if they were young.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

As the old saying sorta goes, a fool and his money are some party!
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

Buy a couple of thousand acres of land, put a nice 2 story log house on it and have the nicest private gun range in the world. Along with the biggest amateur radio antenna farm.

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post:

(04-07-2024, 09:26 AM)specops56 Wrote: Buy a couple of thousand acres of land, put a nice 2 story log house on it and have the nicest private gun range in the world. Along with the biggest amateur radio antenna farm.

Terry
A couple towers (with ufer ground) would be nice, along with keeping a climber on retainer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Wife buys tickets now and then & between lotto & scratch off she might be $30 to 50 ahead 🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: