Trucker Boycott

11 Replies, 607 Views

Hopefully this is true, read that it’s a 3 year boycott of delivering shipments to NY for screwing with Trump 🤣🤣🤣

[Image: IMG-8554.jpg]
It won't amount to anything.
I'll believe it when I see it. Bud light boycott is a bit easier to do than denying loads given by an employer. Not saying it can't or won't be done, but it's something that may require real sacrifice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smb5769's post:

(02-18-2024, 12:38 AM)tommag Wrote: It won't amount to anything.

What I’m seeing is how some truckers that normally deliver to NYC are already telling dispatchers they won’t take loads into the city

will it amount to anything, I really doubt it as most (not all) truckers are out for themselves and with the majority (it seems this way stopping in truck stops when travelling) being non English speaking/native who will take anything that pays.

We got ran off the road by 2 Amazon semis “racing” on I25 a few weeks back & even sending Amazon pictures of the 2 trailers and date/time they said nothing they can do and it sucks to be you
(02-18-2024, 02:32 AM)smb5769 Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it. Bud light boycott is a bit easier to do than denying loads given by an employer. Not saying it can't or won't be done, but it's something that may require real sacrifice.

We drive past a Budweiser plant about once a week it seems & before the boycott you always had a long line of semis entering and leaving stacked up at the security gate

Now it seems 2-3 waiting to enter and 1-2 leaving while other times nothing. The visitors center is always closed when before the boycott it was always busy. Was told this past fall 2 HUGE car shows had canceled at the Budweiser visitors plant and went elsewhere
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

And none of this will hurt any of the politicians in any way so they won't give a crap.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(02-18-2024, 09:34 AM)specops56 Wrote: And none of this will hurt any of the politicians in any way so they won't give a crap.

Terry

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The Canadian truckers had the right idea but the wrong plan. They went somewhere and it is easy to put a stop to that, much harder to force the truckers to go somewhere. Virtually every bit of food in New York City is trucked in daily. Even cutting 30% of the loads going into the city for a few days is going to cause massive problems. Empty shelves, price gouging, riots and uncontrollable chaos won't be far behind. I mean if it can possibly get worse than it already is. New York is in trouble beyond just this, the pandemic sent most of the office jobs to a remote status so they have lost a lot of tax revenue from people not actually working in the city daily. People are leaving in droves and they are counting on tourism more and more. But it is such a shitshow that tourists are staying away. This could very well break New York and quickly. And yes it will hurt the politicians when People figure out they voted for this foolishness and the politicians have no intent to change what they are doing.
[-] The following 4 users Like MontanaLon's post:

(02-18-2024, 11:51 PM)MontanaLon Wrote:

(02-18-2024, 09:34 AM)specops56 Wrote: And none of this will hurt any of the politicians in any way so they won't give a crap.

Terry

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The Canadian truckers had the right idea but the wrong plan. They went somewhere and it is easy to put a stop to that, much harder to force the truckers to go somewhere. Virtually every bit of food in New York City is trucked in daily. Even cutting 30% of the loads going into the city for a few days is going to cause massive problems. Empty shelves, price gouging, riots and uncontrollable chaos won't be far behind. I mean if it can possibly get worse than it already is. New York is in trouble beyond just this, the pandemic sent most of the office jobs to a remote status so they have lost a lot of tax revenue from people not actually working in the city daily. People are leaving in droves and they are counting on tourism more and more. But it is such a shitshow that tourists are staying away. This could very well break New York and quickly. And yes it will hurt the politicians when People figure out they voted for this foolishness and the politicians have no intent to change what they are doing.

They'll just replace the American truckers with illegal alien truckers like they already started to do years before any of this began.

Terry
(02-19-2024, 08:36 AM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

They'll just replace the American truckers with illegal alien truckers like they already started to do years before any of this began.

Terry

ATF has changed firearms ownership regulations and criminal aliens can legally own firearms 

3 states now allow criminal aliens to own firearms and be sworn police 

how ironic is it criminals enforcing the law
(02-19-2024, 02:17 PM)Rampy Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 08:36 AM)specops56 Wrote:

Terry

Terry

ATF has changed firearms ownership regulations and criminal aliens can legally own firearms 

3 states now allow criminal aliens to own firearms and be sworn police 

how ironic is it criminals enforcing the law

Because they won't hesitate to follow orders to kill American to take their guns. Just like in all other third world countries.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post: