Watching tv again

5 Replies, 1932 Views

Yeah, I know, it's Hollywood.
In this case, blue bloods and I'm struck by the wearing of neck ties. Not clip on ties, but actual tie a Windsor knot ties.  When I was on the job, clipons were the thing. I suppose it's only tv, but are real ties actually worn on the job?
(07-12-2023, 03:54 PM)tommag Wrote: Yeah, I know, it's Hollywood.
In this case, blue bloods and I'm struck by the wearing of neck ties. Not clip on ties, but actual tie a Windsor knot ties.  When I was on the job, clipons were the thing. I suppose it's only tv, but are real ties actually worn on the job?

I would think clip on's would be safer...real ties might be a strangulation danger in the event of a tussle with a perp.
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RocketFoot's post:

(07-12-2023, 04:31 PM)RocketFoot Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 03:54 PM)tommag Wrote: Yeah, I know, it's Hollywood.

I would think clip on's would be safer...real ties might be a strangulation danger in the event of a tussle with a perp.

That's what I wore when I worked armed security for a while back in the late 70s and for that reason.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

That was a topic of discussion in my academy class in 1975. Clip-ons were mandatory, as you did not want somebody to grab you by that convenient handle and have virtually full control over your movements.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

It was probably a dumb thing to post. In the real world nobody would wear a real tie on the job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I went to a riot once 50-75 drunks fighting in a parking lot) while working In confinement and the uniform was short sleeve blues with tie

Had a big burly black dude reach out and grab my tie & when it popped off he was really surprised & that made it easy to get him in a arm bar & flat on his face
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post: