Why does the left keep talking about Trump in religious terms?

5 Replies, 212 Views

According to leftist journalists, conservative Christians are referring to Trump as a savior, 2nd coming of Christ among other things. This strikes me as odd because while not a particularly religious person, I know lots of people who are pretty religious and have never heard any of them compare Trump to a savior or Jesus. 

Also, those leftists believe Trump may be the "antichrist" which I find really ironic because leftists don't actually believe in religion so why would they even believe an antichrist is a thing?

It came about because I asked my Dad what he thought of the attempted assassination and he said, "Too bad the shot wasn't a couple inches to the right". Then he went on about how the mark of the beast was a MAGA hat and that in the Bible the antichrist was healing from a head wound. The conversation didn't go well from there. He turned 80 this year, I think he may be suffering from some senility but think he probably has brain rot from watching CNN.

He asked me not to talk to him about politics because it breaks his heart I would believe the shit I hear. Yeah, I can understand the feeling. He still believes Russia helped Trump in 2016 because CNN told him so. I guess I just won't talk to him since I am such a disappointment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post:

Politics is not worth breaking up families. He's your only Dad. Treasure him because he'll be gone before you expect. Never miss a chance to tell him you love him and glad he was the one GOD assigned as your father or you'll regret it the rest of you life. I speak from experience brother.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

There are plenty who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior on the left. I think the problem is that they've had their political views shaped by people who make believable arguments that President Trump is evil and that argument is bolstered by others that agree with it. That type of thing isn't reserved for only the left. Alex Jones is a good example. At one time I thought he was the purveyor of truth. He used fear and outrage very effectively, all the while knowing he was lying.
(08-18-2024, 11:07 AM)tommag Wrote: There are plenty who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior on the left.  I think the problem is that they've had their political views shaped by people who make believable arguments that President Trump is evil and that argument is bolstered by others that agree with it.  That type of thing isn't reserved for only the left. Alex Jones is a good example. At one time I thought he was the purveyor of truth.  He used fear and outrage very effectively, all the while knowing he was lying.

Alex Jones may not be a likeable guy but nearly everything he warned us about in the 90s came true in the 2000s. He even predicted 9-11 in, I believe it was 1997. Most people's problem with him is they didn't like the messenger's style so they ignored the message. I didn't care for his style but I did listen to the message Every time he quoted a government document I acquired that document to verify the info for myself.. He was just one of many sources I got my intel from.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(08-18-2024, 11:19 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 11:07 AM)tommag Wrote: There are plenty who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior on the left.  I think the problem is that they've had their political views shaped by people who make believable arguments that President Trump is evil and that argument is bolstered by others that agree with it.  That type of thing isn't reserved for only the left. Alex Jones is a good example. At one time I thought he was the purveyor of truth.  He used fear and outrage very effectively, all the while knowing he was lying.

Alex Jones may not be a likeable guy but nearly everything he warned us about in the 90s came true in the 2000s. He even predicted 9-11 in, I believe it was 1997. Most people's problem with him is they didn't like the messenger's style so they ignored the message. I didn't care for his style but I did listen to the message Every time he quoted a government document I acquired that document to verify the info for myself.. He was just one of many sources I got my intel from.

Terry
Alex lost me when he exposed the "fema camp" near Corcoran CA. I was hauling through there and put some effort into investigating it for myself.  Turns out the reason the large state prison was empty and appeared complete was on again off again funding from the state legislature.  He also showed the rail cars for transporting us patriots. They were nothing more than enclosed car carriers and where we were going to be chained to the floors were tiedowns for the automobiles.  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
He really went over the top with pizzagate.  While he did use real info when he found it, he would also make crap up to increase his audience.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 11:55 AM by tommag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

It’s the perfect dodge. The Antichrist will gain acceptance as a religious hero then betray his followers. So, they’re telling -whoever, MAGA or whoever- that “you’ll idolize him and then he’ll turn against you.”