Why does the left keep talking about Trump in religious terms?

5 Replies, 210 Views

According to leftist journalists, conservative Christians are referring to Trump as a savior, 2nd coming of Christ among other things. This strikes me as odd because while not a particularly religious person, I know lots of people who are pretty religious and have never heard any of them compare Trump to a savior or Jesus. 

Also, those leftists believe Trump may be the "antichrist" which I find really ironic because leftists don't actually believe in religion so why would they even believe an antichrist is a thing?

It came about because I asked my Dad what he thought of the attempted assassination and he said, "Too bad the shot wasn't a couple inches to the right". Then he went on about how the mark of the beast was a MAGA hat and that in the Bible the antichrist was healing from a head wound. The conversation didn't go well from there. He turned 80 this year, I think he may be suffering from some senility but think he probably has brain rot from watching CNN.

He asked me not to talk to him about politics because it breaks his heart I would believe the shit I hear. Yeah, I can understand the feeling. He still believes Russia helped Trump in 2016 because CNN told him so. I guess I just won't talk to him since I am such a disappointment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post:

Messages In This Thread
Why does the left keep talking about Trump in religious terms? - by MontanaLon - 08-18-2024, 01:22 AM