Yet Another Fanny Pack

9 Replies, 890 Views

Been watching this custom designed one by DB who is a medically retired Southern California law enforcement officer and revolver subject matter expert 

He has had surgeries and understands the challenges along with having bad arthritis in his hands from shooting full house magnums in revolvers for years and years 

Not really a fan of the ones I’ve got, this is expensive but it seems to be the best that’s available & won’t look out of place on a old retired guy with more hair on his face than his head 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://www.thewilderness.com/waist-pack...aist-pack/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

I think you can pull that off. I never see those around here on anyone. I have never seen one up close or considered it as something I would need. My first instinct when I do see someone with one on is not "gun" when being worn by older folks, those with a disability, or on an adult that looks like he got beat up a lot as a kid Smile. Of the people I have seen wear those ,in my travels, they did not look out of place. You would have to pull tissues out and offer them to old ladies, have bandaids ready for action, and pull out candy for the little kids from that thing as you say things like "back in my day..." to pull that off or just look crazy enough nobody will even notice it Smile.

In all seriousness you can pull that off and look normal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Towtruck's post:

(03-10-2024, 08:27 AM)Towtruck Wrote: I think you can pull that off. I never see those around here on anyone. I have never seen one up close or considered it as something I would need.  My first instinct when I do see someone with one on is not "gun"  when being worn by older folks, those with a disability, or on an adult that looks like he got beat up a lot as a kid Smile.    Of the people I have seen wear those ,in my travels, they did not look out of place.  You would have to pull tissues out and offer them to old ladies, have bandaids ready for action, and pull out candy for the little kids from that thing as you say things like "back in my day..."  to pull that off or just look crazy enough nobody will even notice it Smile.   

In all seriousness you can pull that off and look normal.
The "pull it off" thing  is a good consideration. I bought one of these for a carbine. https://www.vanquest.com/products/rackit...ifle-pack/
After getting it I realized nobody would look at me and believe I'd be carrying a snowboard.
It's a great case but I look way out of place with it. It's still a better choice than an obvious rifle case for going to a motel room.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2024, 12:52 PM by tommag.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Life rears its ugly head & our space x trip is cancelled and……..

Not sure if I’ll follow up on this
(03-11-2024, 01:58 AM)Rampy Wrote: Life rears its ugly head & our space x trip is cancelled and……..

That sucks! Life can truly be a bitch sometimes. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(03-11-2024, 01:58 AM)Rampy Wrote: Life rears its ugly head & our space x trip is cancelled and……..

That sounds ominous. Prayers sent for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

I hope everything is- or will be- ok, Rampy. Sorry about your trip. Don’t forget to let me know if you will be in Eastern Iowa this summer (it’ll take me a little while the thaw some venison…).

I typically don’t like off-body carry options, but I’d consider that pack for Tucson when I’m here. Having a few bandaids and a roll of Lifesavers wouldn’t be out of place on a trail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Thanks, not sure how things will shake out, nothing really bad just a combo of 3 different things hitting at the same time

Went and cancelled all reservations but might try a last min mad dash if the stars line up
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

March 14, 6:30 am Central is the target for Space X IFT 3..sorry it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to go, but you can watch live on tv with the rest of us..they’re projecting 9 flights in 2024, so maybe you can be there for the next liftoff..just a bump in the road for a man that has seen and done as much as you..
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post:

(03-12-2024, 11:39 AM)Snake46 Wrote: March 14, 6:30 am Central is the target for Space X IFT 3..sorry it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to go, but you can watch live on tv with the rest of us..they’re projecting 9 flights in 2024, so maybe you can be there for the next liftoff..just a bump in the road for a man that has seen and done as much as you..

Problem is (such horrible 1st world problems) is we travel around the wife’s schedule & budget is really strained this year It’s about 1,400 miles to space x 

9 flights this year is wild and opens up a bunch of possibilities 

Wwhile I’d love to see a launch, just seeing a full stack would make me happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: