a great example of how far we've gone.

7 Replies, 480 Views

In this video from 1995, Bill Clinton looks like a right-winger by today's standards. The Overton window has moved substantialy! It really would make a great campaign ad for Trump with very little commentary added.
https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/stat...3779643479
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

JFK democrats would be considered far right wing MAGA wackos today
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

I was just a tyke when JFK was assassinated but I've read about his positions/accomplishments and I agree with you. I disliked Clinton, but I liked that he was malleable. When polls turned against him he was able to bend with the winds. While that was phony, the results were favorable.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

Yep. I’ve said this. The liberal of -not so long ago- was in many ways far more conservative than today’s conservative.

Even individuals. There’s a video of Justin Treadeau saying Canada will never have a gun registry- now he wants one. Clinton and Obama were better in border security than Trump and DeSantis…

The whole nation/culture is so far left…
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 05:50 PM by srjdsmith.)
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Actually Trump was hard on closing the border & democrats fought him every step of the way. Border patrol agents really liked and respected him.

I’ve got a friend who was stationed in south Tucson (not border patrol) before Trump was elected and who has been in multiple gunfights with cartel members & drug runners/human smuggling and he swears after Trump got into office they had a massive drop in encounters with cartel members & drug runners. He left about 2.5 years into trumps term.

Other friend who was a cop on the Tohono Oʼodham reservation and who I was ridding with when we had a Mexican hummer with a 50 cal 1/4 mile inside the res pointing at us said it got way to dangerous and he left before Trump was elected. The res has land in Mexico and they went back and forth freely without any US Govt checkpoints. Now they have a wall and are required to use the crossing points

[Image: IMG-8674.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 08:05 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(02-26-2024, 08:04 PM)Rampy Wrote: Actually Trump was hard on closing the border & democrats fought him every step of the way. Border patrol agents really liked and respected him.

I’ve got a friend who was stationed in south Tucson (not border patrol) before Trump was elected and who has been in multiple gunfights with cartel members & drug runners/human smuggling and he swears after Trump got into office they had a massive drop in encounters with cartel members & drug runners. He left about 2.5 years into trumps term.

Other friend who was a cop on the Tohono Oʼodham reservation and who I was ridding with when we had a Mexican hummer with a 50 cal 1/4 mile inside the res pointing at us said it got way to dangerous and he left before Trump was elected. The res  has land in Mexico and they went back and forth freely without any US Govt checkpoints. Now they have a wall and are required to use the crossing points

Yeah. I got carried away. Trump was good about border security (I wish he’d finished the ‘wall’).

But others like Obama were, compared to today’s Dem-o-craps, way tougher on border security. We are sprinting left toward total insanity.
[-] The following 3 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(02-26-2024, 09:52 PM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 08:04 PM)Rampy Wrote: Actually Trump was hard on closing the border & democrats fought him every step of the way. Border patrol agents really liked and respected him.

Other friend who was a cop on the Tohono Oʼodham reservation and who I was ridding with when we had a Mexican hummer with a 50 cal 1/4 mile inside the res pointing at us said it got way to dangerous and he left before Trump was elected. The res  has land in Mexico and they went back and forth freely without any US Govt checkpoints. Now they have a wall and are required to use the crossing points

Yeah. I got carried away. Trump was good about border security (I wish he’d finished the ‘wall’).

But others like Obama were, compared to today’s Dem-o-craps, way tougher on border security. We are sprinting left toward total insanity.

True that, very true sadly, no question about that

We drove down to the border last summer & since the border patrol was no longer actively patrolling and monitoring/responding to alarms and such the cartels are actually cutting the border fence so sections can be removed for access and then replaced. Makes it quite difficult to detect the hole without a close visual inspection
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

I still BP sitting in vehicles pretending we’re still protecting our border..one more total waste of taxpayers money until this circus clown administration is ejected..
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake46's post: