an awkward confession

6 Replies, 84 Views

I get very emotional when the national anthem is sang or I recite the pledge of allegiance, to the point of tears. It's awkward to ask this, but hey, we're all friends here. Do any of you have this reaction?
My America has changed a lot over the years, some good, but mostly bad in my opinion, but she's still my America.
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post:

(Yesterday, 10:34 AM)tommag Wrote: I get very emotional when the national anthem is sang or I recite the pledge of allegiance, to the point of tears. It's awkward to ask this, but hey, we're all friends here. Do any of you have this reaction?
My America has changed a lot over the years, some good, but mostly bad in my opinion, but she's still my America.

You're definite;y not alone brother.

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

I get a lump in my throat when the flag goes by.

This is not the America I wanted for my granddaughter. I pray she will not know war, she will not know want, that she will know peace, safety. This is still my country and she’s worth fighting for.
[-] The following 4 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Same here brother! No shame in it at all!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
[-] The following 2 users Like RocketFoot's post:

The awkward part comes from the idea that real men don't cry. I would feel embarrassed at public events because of that.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(4 hours ago)tommag Wrote: The awkward part comes from the idea that real men don't cry.  I would feel embarrassed at public events because of that.

I have a slightly different view. REAL men do whatever the hell they want as long as it's honorable, righteous and doesn't violate GOD's law.

Oh, and their wife says its okay.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Have not posted lately but do check in regularly..yes, I have the same emotions, but when your 11 year old grandson helps replace your flag, steps back with his hand over his heart and with no prompting begins reciting the Pledge of Allegiance you just don’t care who sees the tears..
In 8 days, as long as the vote’s too big to rig, we will begin to get a part of our country back..God Bless the USA!
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake46's post: