any hams interested in a sked?

2 Replies, 9 Views

I got to thinking, since several of us are hams,  it would be cool to co-ordinate a meetup on the air, maybe even a roundtable. Obviously, with the wwdx contest going on until 2400z today, this wouldn't work today as the frequencies are so full now. Maybe on a non weekend we could get together.  My muf is usually up to 28mhz by 1700z until around 0200z. I can operate from 20m to 10m. Also, 6m but it's so sporadic so it's not worth trying.
Is anyone else interested in skedding this?
Ki7syg in dn17.
All of my HF antennas are inoperable at present. The triband beam is corroded, and the rotator no longer works. The G5RV ladder line feed is shot, and the antenna is draped over a tower guy wire. At 83 years old, I've lost my zest for climbing towers.

KB5JDT
(1 hour ago)olfart Wrote: All of my HF antennas are inoperable at present. The triband beam is corroded, and the rotator no longer works. The G5RV ladder line feed is shot, and the antenna is draped over a tower guy wire. At 83 years old, I've lost my zest for climbing towers.

KB5JDT
That is too bad. My antenna is a hexbeam at only 21' but it works well out to about 6000 miles, but I think it's low height gives me too high a takeoff angle to work much further than that.
Have you considered an endfed hw or a simple dipole? The most compromised antenna is better than none at all.
My neighbor had an endfed hw at only about 8' and he'd did ok but not as good as he now does with his hexbeam but it is only 28' agl due to his HOA restrictions.