click...whap

2 Replies, 825 Views

So, I finally took my banish 30 to the range along with the ruger American 300bo .  I doubt I could've done anything more wrong if I tried. Couldn't find tripod for chrony,  forgot membership card, and nothing resembled a group until I noticed my rings weren't tight on the base. Tightened those down and suddenly I'm shooting one ragged hole at 50.  There were only 2 guys there shooting 22lr,  so I took my muffs off.  Hollywood quiet doesn't describe it. The only sounds were the firing pin and target impact!
200gr maker sub expanding and 4.5 to 5grs red dot. 5grs stabilized ok, 4.7 sorta and 4.5 were producing slightly oval holes.
The best part was the sound, it brought a smile to my face!
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

Sounds like a fun day. Wish I was there!

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(08-01-2023, 04:43 PM)specops56 Wrote: Sounds like a fun day. Wish I was there!

Terry
It really was, Terry! Even if I still hunted, I'd think a subsonic 30 cal a bit anemic, but since I don't, it's a fun paper punch. I had my muffs on when I started, so there might've been a first round pop. I only brought 30 rounds with me(average shooting day for me) and I'm surprised at how dirty they get. My old standby, Ed's red cleaned the baffles almost instantly upon application. I believe there's no better concoction for carbon residue. If you make a batch, be advised that it will dissolve many plastics, so metal cans only.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post: