good morning!

229 Replies, 6457 Views

63 with patchy fog here, forecasting a high of 83 with a slight chance of rain. Making this year's first batch of cheese this morning. Got it hanging to drain the whey now. Dealing with Windstream telephone issues AGAIN today. Our line is still lying on top of the ground for a mile or so up the road where the county maintainer dug it up several months ago. Probably water in the line now, as the dial tone comes and goes, with heavy static.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good afternoon. 81° in eastern Iowa. These warm spring days are challenging in middle school. Hormone-crazed 12-year-olds can be a handful any time. But on a warm sunny spring afternoon…
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

72 at my house and looks like it's gonna rain any minute now. Guess I won't be working in my garden today. Or, from the forecast, tomorrow.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Life sucks, went to the podiatrist & the hole in my foot is healing but very slow so she packaged it back up with a humongous bandage/dressing and I’ve got to wear a ugly humongous Velcro surgical shoe for another couple weeks

Was planning on hitting the range today but now I can’t as walking is a real bitch and I need a cane

Looks like the trip out east will be super short as if I’m allowed to travel without the boot, the doc said I’d need to have her inspect the foot to insure it’s healing with a 2 week maximum wearing normal shoes….

Guess it’s a good thing having such a great VA podiatrist theses days…….but FML it sucks getting old & breaking down
[-] The following 4 users Like Rampy's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
Sunny & 60°, warming up to 82° today.

Yesterday didn't go exactly as planned. I had no idea when the rooftop delivery guys were going to bring the materials, and they showed up before 8am. The dumpster drop-off was supposed to happen between 8-noon, he got here @ 1pm.
Then Ex#2 pulled in around 2:30pm to work on the fence in my north paddock. She's replacing all my old fence in preparation for bringing her ponies back here. She's got to be out of the place she has been by July, so her current plan is to live in a travel trailer in my driveway. This ought to be interesting. 🙃

I'm just going to go visit my old shoeing partner today. I haven't seen him for longer than I care to admit. We're like brothers, so I hate that we've drifted as far apart as we have, and I take full responsibility for that. He and his wife are two of my favorite people in the world, so now that he's slowing down and in the process of retiring, I'm hoping to see them much more regularly.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

Sometimes it works..my #3 ex comes over about every 10 days to work on my diabetic feet..coming today as I’m leaving for a three day motorcycle ride in the morning..friends with no benefits..😀
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake46's post:

A late good morning to all! I overslept this morning and had to rush to get to the radio club meeting by 0900. It was 63 here at 0700, headed for a sunny and muggy 87. But that won't matter much, as I'll be at the blacksmith club meeting, under a tin roof and breathing coal smoke.
[-] The following 4 users Like olfart's post:

66 and wet from last nights rain at my house. Supposed to rain again tonight. Hopefully I can get my veggies planted in the containers tomorrow. I've got 6 varieties of tomatoes, 2 varieties of sweet peppers, 2 varieties of cantaloupe, 1 cucumber, 2 peppermint and 1 cat grass for the kittys.

Terry
Good Sunday morning to all! We started out at 62 this morning, but summer is bearing down on us like a freight train. Highs in the 90s several days this week. Yesterday was good with radio club and blacksmith club meetings. Didn't win any radios yesterday morning, but I did bring home a garage door spring and a ball pein hammer yesterday afternoon. The garage door spring will provide material for a bunch of small punches, wood chisels, gouges, scribers and other tools requiring small stock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!

62° and high clouds this morning, on its way to 87° supposedly. They lied about yesterday, 'cause it hit 84°, which is a good 10 degrees above average for this time of year.

Made the hour drive to my old partner's place yesterday unannounced, because he avoids his phone on the weekends anyway, and it was a wash. Nobody home. So, I just came back and fiddled with a few odd things getting ready for tomorrow's excitement.
I'm contemplating dropping in on my old racing partner today.