good morning!

680 Replies, 39453 Views

Good morning! 52 here headed for 88 later today. Miss Dolly is at home and doing well after her plumbing repairs yesterday. She's in the house for the first time, but restricted to the morning room. Kinda inconvenient to take down the gate to get to her and take her out for walks, but I can keep an eye on her at least. Her recovery diet of chicken and rice is constipating her, but I'll add a little bacon grease to it today and see if that helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

70, clear and bright sunshine at my house. No rain in sight. And now for something completely different......

Flash & Houdini:

[Image: G2YicnF.jpg]

Bluto & Pumpkin:

[Image: Dl7H3em.jpg]

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It's 52° with high clouds, only going up to 71° today, which suits me just fine.
Since I "retired" but still want to keep my fingers in the game, I kept a few special cases to work on, one of which is a navicular Quarter Horse gelding that's a show horse. I've got him scheduled for late this afternoon. Therapeutic cases are interesting and often require a level of expertise, and I have this poor bugger pretty well figured out, so I can keep him going well enough that the judges don't automatically DQ him for being lame. He likes his job and he's good at it, and keeping him working keeps him fit and happy.

I might take advantage of the cool morning to finish my saw work on the cedars. If I don't, then I'll have to do it tomorrow when it's going to be warmer, and I'm thinking that I'd rather have it out of the way so I can do something else more enjoyable with the day.
[Image: Hump-Day.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 09:54 AM by Longhair.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

Dolly whined at the door shortly after breakfast while I was still clad in my underwear. I took her out, and she did part of her business, but then I saw a baby Copperhead I had almost stepped on. Grabbing Dolly and getting her back in the house before grabbing a gun, I came back to find the baby gone. I gotta figure out a way to carry a gun in my underwear.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

If there’s one baby there’s more + mama’s around close unless babies are old enough to have had their first shed..😳
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

Good morning! 62 and cloudy here, headed for rain and a high of 85 later. Miss Dolly's recovery is going well. She's almost back up to full steam, wanting to play fetch with her dinosaur. She comes off restriction today, and she's thrilled about it.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

72, Sunny and clear at my house. Waiting for my yard guy to come and clean/mow my mess called a yard.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
55°F and sunny with high clouds, on its way into the upper 70s. I've got a lot of work to do today, prepping for dumpster placement tomorrow morning ahead of the roofers that are supposed to be here Monday. I didn't get after the cedars yesterday, so I've got that and a bit of mowing to do up close to the house that will make recovery of all the errant nails from the re-roof easier.
[-] The following 2 users Like Longhair's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!
60°F with broken clouds this morning, with a 40% chance of rain and a forecast high of 76°.

Finally finished with the cedars, scrubbed out and refilled the stock tank for the mare, and did all my mowing including the lane on the range. And I pulled a pair of rear-wheel wheel weights for my IHC tractor out of the ground before they completely disappeared. Dumpster is supposed to show up sometime between now and noon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

66 and sunny at my house. Supposed to get in the 80s with a 30% chance of rain today. The internal medicine consult for Pumpkinhead is set for June 4th.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 07:44 AM by specops56.)
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post: