good morning!

680 Replies, 39632 Views

Good Afternoon AlphaRomeo!
Sorry for my absence, but my life still gets a little crazy from time to time.

The latest insanity is the reason the fence in my north paddock got replaced. Ex#2's two ponies are here now. She had to move out of where she's been for the last few years. Since I have the space, and this is where she stores her hay, it only made sense to bring them here.
She's looking into getting a travel trailer to live in, and the current plan is to park it in my driveway and stay here....but in her own space (and out of mine). Because of the time crunch and her not having the trailer yet, she put the bulk of her stuff in storage, and I carved out a space for her bed in the room where my reloading bench is.
We've been divorced for longer than we were together, and it's kind of strange now to share my space with another human again. I could have been a prick and just told her that she was on her own, but that's not my nature. I don't hate her, I just can't live with her, so the next while is going to be interesting to say the least. I think we'll be okay as long as she doesn't forget that she gave up the right to tell me what to do a long time ago.
[-] The following 4 users Like Longhair's post:

82 and sunny at my house. No rain last night. Gotta go out and water my garden shortly. My wife has decided to sell some of her Disney ducks comic collection to help fund the cats surgery and treatment. She has a closet full. I think her oldest Donald Duck is number 16. I'm surveying my gun safes to pick out a few candidates to sell for the same reason. Also my excess Ham radios and equipment. I'll post anything I have that's appropriate and that I can ship here first. I also have AR parts and other parts as well.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good muggy morning... again (rinse and repeat for the next week). 76 on its way to 96 with a 20% chance of rain today and tomorrow. Not holding my breath.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!

Temps dropped into the 50s last night, and it's a beautiful sunny dry 64° here right now.
By tomorrow morning it's going to drop even further, bottoming out in the 40s!

If it's dry enough, I'm going to get some mowing done. The front yard is going to look like a cut hayfield as it is. I've got to make a trip to the feed store at some point, but after that I'm just going to wing it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Longhair's post:

75 and wet at my house. We had a serious thunder and lightening show last evening with a little bit of rain. Just enough to make my garden happy. We're taking Pumpkinhead back to the vet thismorning to discuss possible treatment. She seems to be getting worse. She threw up a little last night and wouldn't eat anything last night or this morning. I'll update when we get back.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good Morning AlphaRomeo!

Sunny, calm, and a nice cool 50° this morning, on its way up to a pleasant high of 74°. Mowed the yard yesterday, and it went well right up until I 'found' a two foot long piece of ¼" steel rod that was unearthed by the auger along a new fence line that was hiding in the tall grass. That got loud and exciting for a minute. Fortunately, it didn't break anything, but I did have to take a blade off to unwind it before I could continue.
If all goes well today, I'll make a run to the recycler with a bunch of plastic, order a new fuel pump assembly for the truck, and do a bunch more mowing including the range. After that I'm hoping to get out on the range for a little recoil therapy.
[-] The following 3 users Like Longhair's post:

Back from the vet.

Pumpkinhead has EPI.
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a condition that is caused by the insufficient synthesis and secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes from the exocrine portion of the pancreas.

The vet gave her a fluid injection and a corticosteroid shot. We’re to start giving her pancreatic enzyme powder with her meals. We’ll give it a month and see if she improves.

This is how she looks now:

[Image: OIeG6CZ.jpg]

Terry
(07-01-2024, 01:45 PM)specops56 Wrote: Back from the vet.

Pumpkinhead has EPI.
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a condition that is caused by the insufficient synthesis and secretion of pancreatic digestive enzymes from the exocrine portion of the pancreas.

The vet gave her a fluid injection and a corticosteroid shot. We’re to start giving her pancreatic enzyme powder with her meals. We’ll give it a month and see if she improves.

This is how she looks now:

[Image: OIeG6CZ.jpg]

Terry
Good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Pumpkinhead seems to have taken a sudden turn for the worst. Since we got her back home yesterday she hasn’t eaten anything. She just sleeps or sits facing the wall. She acts like she has no energy at all. She looks so sad it’s breaking our hearts. I’ll be calling the vet as soon as they open.

Terry
(07-02-2024, 07:56 AM)specops56 Wrote: Pumpkinhead seems to have taken a sudden turn for the worst. Since we got her back home yesterday she hasn’t eaten anything. She just sleeps or sits facing the wall. She acts like she has no energy at all. She looks so sad it’s breaking our hearts. I’ll be calling the vet as soon as they open.

Terry

😢😢😢😢😢😢
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: