good morning!

680 Replies, 40089 Views

Sorry for your pending loss. It never gets any easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

Good afternoon. It took me this long to get on today because I had to go to a dermatologist 60 miles from here to have him cut a dime-sized plug out of my right ear. He's good, got it all in the first cut. Guess I''ll be an old sorehead for a few days.
[-] The following 2 users Like olfart's post:

(07-02-2024, 04:40 PM)olfart Wrote: Sorry for your pending loss. It never gets any easier.

She's still very sluggish but moving around a bit more. She went to the water dish and drank her fill so that's a good sign. Still no appetite. We tried can pate and she licked at it a couple of times but didn't eat any. I offered her some cream which, normally, she's crazy about. She didn't touch it. I called the vet this morning. so far no callback. I will call again tomorrow.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

Good news! She’s moving around more and she’s eating. I gave her one of those push up treats that cats seem to love and she ate all of it. Later she came to the table where we feed them their meals and she ate all of hers. I don’t know what was wrong with her the last 2 days but she seems to be getting back to normal. I am so relieved!!! We were so worried she was about to die we kept checking her breathing. Thanks for all your prayers brothers!

Terry
[-] The following 5 users Like specops56's post:

79 Clear and sunny at my house. Gotta go pick up my red velvet cake for tomorrow from the bakery. I'm celebrating both the country's Independence Day and my own personal one. 21 Years ago on July 4, 2003, I woke up with a new kidney. I've been celebrating ever since. If y'all are interested in hearing the story, Here are the links to the Youtube videos I made about it:

My Kidney Transplant Story Part 1

My Kidney Transplant Story Part 2

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post:

71° with broken clouds and a nice breeze this morning when I got up. Heading into the mid 80s and clearing this afternoon, and it's supposed to get muggy (oh joy!).

I took advantage of the cooler weather yesterday and got my main paddock mowed. Some of the patches of weeds were taller than I am, and thick. It about finished off the blades, and the spindle bearings are pretty well hammered, so I think I'll order a rebuild kit for the deck next week.
Better afternoon! Our air conditioner compressor fan motor died this morning, but the repairman got here and replaced it pretty pronto. And only $314! Of course I might have found the same motor at Lowe's for $69.95 and put it in myself, but Lowe's said it wouldn't be available until July 11. Four hours of heat was plenty, thanks.
Woke up to 81 degrees. It’s going to be 116 today and 110 or more for the next week. Just kill me now….
[-] The following 2 users Like Towtruck's post:

It’s 77 here now, 80 in the house….low 40’s after dark…..and I’m whining about it being hot 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2024, 09:22 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

https://youtu.be/YaxGNQE5ZLA?si=2DDVSfY6hNtSTnCR
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post: