good morning!

680 Replies, 39656 Views

73 with 95% humidity at my house. We did get a little rain yesterday.

Terry
An update to my BBQ ribs..
The recipe I followed for grilled red or yellow potatoes tasted ok but weren't as crispy on the outside as I would've liked. Next time I'll parboil them and finish without foil.
The ribs were great even though I missed a flare-up and they got black on the underside. I'm not BBQ sauce aficianado, but I tried a sauce called old South made by Iverson here locally. Their website isn't up yet or I would've provided a link. It certainly wasn't Kraft BBQ sauce. I found many on Amazon labeled old South, don't know if they're the same. It's really good! Leftovers tonight.
I have some milk in the fridge that's going to sour soon so I'll use it up with boxed scalloped potatoes and add some leftover ham for tomorrow as well as some tapioca pudding. I think garlic butter asparagus will go well with that. I like to make a foil packet with butter and garlic powder on the grill for asparagus. The tapioca will get the slightest hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Good morning! 62 here this morning with a forecast high of 89. We've had 7.3" of rain so far in July with rain expected every day next week and high temps in the upper 80s. This kind of July I can live with!
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

74 with 71% humidity at my house. We had a pretty good rain last night. Supposed to rain the next few days as well. It's about damn time.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

77 With 87% humidity at my house. I did some troubleshooting on my 30 year old Kenmore washer and it turns out the lid switch is bad. Luckily, the Kenmore parts website still has that switch for just over $30. After their local tax + my state tax + shipping it's just over $47. Damn greedy politicians! Should be here Thursday. Fortunately, there's a laundromat only a couple of miles from my house.

Terry
(07-21-2024, 08:53 AM)specops56 Wrote: 77 With 87% humidity at my house. I did some troubleshooting on my 30 year old Kenmore washer and it turns out the lid switch is bad. Luckily, the Kenmore parts website still has that switch for just over $30. After their local tax + my state tax + shipping it's just over $47. Damn greedy politicians! Should be here Thursday. Fortunately, there's a laundromat only a couple of miles from my house.

Terry
For a long time, the parts never changed, just the cabinetry. That made parts easy to come by.  No experience with newer appliances but I've read that they're not as robust and repairing them has gotten a lot more complicated.
(07-21-2024, 09:46 AM)tommag Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 08:53 AM)specops56 Wrote: 77 With 87% humidity at my house. I did some troubleshooting on my 30 year old Kenmore washer and it turns out the lid switch is bad. Luckily, the Kenmore parts website still has that switch for just over $30. After their local tax + my state tax + shipping it's just over $47. Damn greedy politicians! Should be here Thursday. Fortunately, there's a laundromat only a couple of miles from my house.

Terry
For a long time, the parts never changed, just the cabinetry. That made parts easy to come by.  No experience with newer appliances but I've read that they're not as robust and repairing them has gotten a lot more complicated.

All the new ones use PCBs and computers chips. Mine is still mechanical.

Terry
Strange things.....
I had a cone washer fail in my plumbing (I live in a travel trailer).  I replaced it and fixed the leak but immediately lost water pressure. The pressure was so low that I had only a dribble, impossible to shower.  At first I thought it was somehow connected to that repair but that really doesn't make sense.
My hookup is in the underground box under the frost free.  I dug it out and took the regulator off. No build up on the screen, completely clean.  I pulled the green out and blew through the regulator, seems normal.  Put it back together and now I have normal pressure.  No kinks in the hose anywhere.
Maybe the regulator was lonely and just wanted some attention?
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

Good morning! 70 here with a 60% chance of rain and a high in the 80s. Looks like a 50 - 60% chance of rain every day this week! Weird July, but i'm lovin' it!
75 and wet at my house. We had a hard rain accompanied by a sound and light show at my house last night. Supposed to get another one tonight.

Terry