good morning!

680 Replies, 39763 Views

Had a couple critters watching us watching them 🤣🤣

[Image: IMG-3021.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3023.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

75 with 85% chance of rain. Pretty soon I'm not going to have a lawn, I'm going to have a jungle. Guess I'd better buy a machete.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

(08-03-2024, 07:19 AM)specops56 Wrote: 75 with 85% chance of rain. Pretty soon I'm not going to have a lawn, I'm going to have a jungle. Guess I'd better buy a m

Or rent a herd of goats...

70 here, 100% humidity, expected high 95, and not a drop of rain in sight.
Rain, sound and light show going on over my house right now. I fixed my 30 year old Kenmore washer today. Turns out it was the old starting capacitor that was open. Luckily I had bought a new one hoping that was the problem. Made me happy! I'm returning the new motor to amazon for a refund since I didn't use it.

Terry

Good morfternoon! It started out a little muggy but overcast so it didn't heat up that bad. Went to the ham fest to try and sell some gear. I didn't even get an offer but enjoyed talking to lots of folks while there. While making the circuit checking out other vendors it started raining. Crap, I didn't bring a tarp! I hustled as best I could back to cover my stuff with big garbage bags (glad I had them with me). The brief shower cooled things down nicely.
All I bought were a new external speaker for my pickup and some raffle tickets.
I know it's good for me, but a fair amount of walking and six hours continuously on my feet have me sore from the hips down.
I was amazed at one vendor. Besides tubes, connectors of all descriptions, etc, he must've had a couple dozen air gap variable capacitors. I wish I had knowledge of him 7 years ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(08-03-2024, 06:52 PM)tommag Wrote: Good morfternoon! It started out a little muggy but overcast so it didn't heat up that bad. Went to the ham fest to try and sell some gear. I didn't even get an offer but enjoyed talking to lots of folks while there. While making the circuit checking out other vendors it started raining. Crap, I didn't bring a tarp! I hustled as best I could back to cover my stuff with big garbage bags (glad I had them with me). The brief shower cooled things down nicely.
I know it's good for me, but a fair amount of walking and six hours continuously on my feet have me sore from the hips down.
I was amazed at one vendor. Besides tubes, connectors of all descriptions, etc, he must've had a couple dozen air gap variable capacitors. I wish I had knowledge of him 7 years ago.

What? You didn't find a good buy on a nice spiral sliced ham?
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

(08-03-2024, 07:57 PM)olfart Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 06:52 PM)tommag Wrote: Good morfternoon!  It started out a little muggy but overcast so it didn't heat up that bad.  Went to the ham fest to try and sell some gear.  I didn't even get  an offer but enjoyed talking to lots of folks while there.  While making the circuit checking out other vendors it started raining. Crap, I didn't bring a tarp!  I hustled as best I could back to cover my stuff with big garbage bags (glad I had them with me).  The brief shower cooled things down nicely.

What? You didn't find a good buy on a nice spiral sliced ham?
Nope, none of them were sliced. After Friday's 107°, many of us were baked, though.
75 at my house with more heavy rain expected this afternoon.

Terry

The rain is coming down so hard at my house right now I'm thinking I should start building a boat!

Terry

(08-04-2024, 06:17 PM)specops56 Wrote: The rain is coming down so hard at my house right now I'm thinking I should start building a boat!

Terry

Too late…
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post: