good morning!

680 Replies, 39587 Views

(08-16-2024, 01:59 PM)tommag Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 07:56 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 10:56 PM)srjdsmith Wrote:
(08-15-2024, 06:39 PM)specops56 Wrote: My luck is running true to form. I borrowed a mower from a friend and when I got ready to start mowing I discovered that the right, rear wheel is frozen. Won't turn at all. Just drags the ground. I think I need to hire a few goats.

Terry

At least now you know why he loaned it to you.

Nope. It was rolling when he brought it to me. He told me I could keep it if I wanted to. He has a bunch of them.

Terry
I'd probably start with penetrating oil on it.

I got it moving. I removed the wheel, wiped off the shaft and added some grease. Put it back on, worked it by hand until it loosened up and then pushed it around the yard for a few minutes. I also shot the other wheels with some WD40. It's still a little stiff but continues to loosen up and I will mow my front yard tomorrow. Unless something else happens.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2024, 04:12 PM by specops56.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

Good to hear. Remember, wd40 is more of a solvent than lubricant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(08-16-2024, 09:11 PM)tommag Wrote: Good to hear. Remember, wd40 is more of a solvent than lubricant.

Yep, I'm aware of that. I mostly wanted it to clean off some of the crud and displace any water left from the last rain. Gonna shoot it with some ballistol before I crank it up. If I decide to keep it I'll remove the other wheels and clean and grease them too.

Terry
[-] The following 2 users Like specops56's post:

It was 72 here this morning headed for the north side of 100. There's rain northwest of us, but it's dissipating at the Red River.
I'm on injured reserve today. While milking a goat yesterday, she decided to try for low earth orbit using my right arm as a launch pad. Peeled up a large patch of hide just above my wrist. Bled like a stuck pig. At least she doesn't appear injured, so I may shoot her later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

73 and wet at my house. Got distracted and didn't get to the lawn yesterday so naturally it rained all night last night and supposed to rain more this afternoon.

Terry
[-] The following 1 user Likes specops56's post:

It's been a minute. How is everyone doing?
[-] The following 2 users Like Quivox's post:

(08-18-2024, 12:02 PM)Quivox Wrote: It's been a minute.  How is everyone doing?
Yeah, it's been awhile, good to hear from you.
I'm doing ok, hopefully everyone else is.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

(08-18-2024, 12:02 PM)Quivox Wrote: It's been a minute.  How is everyone doing?

Glad to see you finally made it here! About time!

Terry

73 with 70% humidity at my house. High today of 84. Feels like Fall.

Terry

Good evening! 72° and partly cloudy. Going to shoot Five Stand on a few minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post: