good morning!

680 Replies, 39414 Views

(06-21-2024, 10:33 AM)Snake46 Wrote: Hot and getting hotter..turn 78 next week and leaving Sunday for another motorcycle (Spyder) trip to Utah and Arizona..never know when it will be the last, so, as Janis Joplin sang, “Get It While You Can”..500 mile days aren’t as much fun as they used to be..

Someone needs to post procedure to re-up and available options..I no longer do PayPal..

we did 620 miles yesterday dodging storms & hail & that was a long miserable day on the interstate 🤮🤮🤮

can only imagine how doing 500 miles on a Spyder would feel at this stage of the game…
[-] The following 3 users Like Rampy's post:

I've done a few 700 mile days with no fairing or even windshield. Those were a little less than fun!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Yikes..😳
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake46's post:

(06-21-2024, 03:43 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Yikes..😳
I didn't do many but when I lived in California and my mom was in the hospital in Seattle I did it a few times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

(06-21-2024, 03:52 PM)tommag Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 03:43 PM)Snake46 Wrote: Yikes..😳
I didn't do many but when I lived in California and my mom was in the hospital in Seattle I did it a few times.

When I was young and stupid I once drove straight through from Columbia, SC to the western side of Oklahoma City on my way to my first Destroyer in San Diego. I remember entering the east side of the city limits during morning rush hour. I remember nothing else until I exited the city limits on the west side. I have no idea what happened in between or how I made out alive.

Terry
[-] The following 4 users Like specops56's post:

75 and headed to the upper 90s at my house. Typical SC summer day.

Terry
Good morning. Flash flood warnings in Eastern Iowa today.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

Good morning! 67 here, expecting 95 and sunny today. Cheesecake was successful yesterday, so I'm all set for the fish fry tonight.

[Image: Cheesecake.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2024, 11:07 AM by olfart.)
[-] The following 4 users Like olfart's post:

(06-22-2024, 09:03 AM)srjdsmith Wrote: Good morning. Flash flood warnings in Eastern Iowa today.
That storm isn't supposed to get here until after sunset, and it's supposed to lose a lot of it's steam by then, but it's coming.

It dropped down to 72° overnight, but it's forecast to top out around 89° with a heat index in the upper 90s. Tonight's storm is being pushed by a cold front that will give us some welcome relief from the heat for about a week.
Good morning. Airshow here this weekend and next to me is an acre of vacant land, a mile from the runway. I repositioned my tractor trailer to not block any more of the view than I have to. It'll be crowded here.
Radio wise, it's field day this weekend so the airwaves will be busy. I love that!
[-] The following 3 users Like tommag's post: