good morning!

680 Replies, 39493 Views

52° here in eastern Iowa. Nice day, but I’m stuck in here with these 6th graders…

Gonna try to catch some trout tomorrow morning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes srjdsmith's post:

Good morning. Spent almost an hour on hold with social security to get an appointment for local office to call me in 2 weeks. SS office is no longer open to the public.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Got penalized by the IRS for not having taxes taken out of my social security

They tax you at the 85% rate on your social security if you make over a certain amount

As between the wife and I we made over that amount & thus got bent over without a reach around and sent to a higher tax bracket

Never happened before and this year we made less than last year

Bidet is really putting the screws to us
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

(04-12-2024, 01:05 PM)tommag Wrote: Good morning. Spent almost an hour on hold with social security to get an appointment for local office to call me in 2 weeks.  SS office is no longer open to the public.

I was told I could walk into the local office & fill out a form having 10% to 14% withheld from my SSDI  

must be your office
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

48 This morning. I'm going out to check out the 2 big local flea markets today for the first time in about 2 decades. Gets me out of the house and you never know what you might find.

Terry
Morning!
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
Belated good morning! It's 48 here this morning and likely to hit 80 later today.

I had a house leveler come out yesterday for an estimate on leveling our 34-yr-old double wide. It's been needing it for several years, but finally getting around to replacing the broken concrete blocks and rotted wood that are no longer supporting the house as they should. $3,500 due on completion, and he starts the project Monday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olfart's post:

68 out with a high og 70 & off to Costco & Torchys Tacos…..z

😡just spent an hour reconnecting my printer to windows..never have a problem with the iPhone or iPad..need to look into getting a real keyboard for the iPad and junk the laptop..
Anyway, morning folks..have a great weekend..😀
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake46's post:

Leaving Costco was a huge long line at the membership desk…..did not seem anyone spoke English….lots of pointing and talking with hands & a couple employees who were speaking Spanish

As we walked outside we saw a very large all white with no markings on it tour bus of some kind with a Arizona license plate

Things that make u go hummmmmmm