missing posts

2 Replies, 303 Views

I contacted rocketfoot when everything from today vanished, worried that we'd been hacked.
It was just moving a different server or something like that.  No need to worry.
[-] The following 2 users Like tommag's post:

As I understand, only staff is able to post at the moment. I may well have that wrong. Rocketfoot will have everything up and running soon. I imagine he'll give us an update soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

We are back! Yes, only admin and mods can post on the closed forum. There were several lost posts that were made after the file transfer but before the DNS switched over to the new IP, so the posts went to the old, server and can't be restored without running a complete backup reload. The first transfer was successful so I really don't want to tempt fate and risk it, LOL!

But yeah, we are now upgraded to a new, faster, safer and more stable server and operating system! The old hardware was getting close to 15 years old which is like stone age in the tech world, LOL!

I hope you guys continue to enjoy the forums...let me know if you see anything weird!
[Image: image.php?u=3580&type=sigpic&dateline=1688129445]
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2024, 07:13 AM by RocketFoot.)
[-] The following 3 users Like RocketFoot's post: