red beer

5 Replies, 260 Views

Where I grew up, red beer was common.  I remember my first trip to NYC.  I ordered a red beer in a neighborhood bar and they had no clue what I was talking about.  I explained that it was beer with about 25% tomato juice.  I bought a round for the house and couldn't pay for another drink that evening. They all loved it!
Funny how tomato juice acts as a lubricant for beer. Straight beer takes me about an hour to drink one. Red beer goes down so smoothly that I have to be careful with how much I drink.
Some like v8 or clamato. Some like adding tobasco.  Me, I like just plain tomato juice. I've never tried using a craft beer, just normal american lager or pilsner type beer.
Never liked red beer
(04-16-2024, 04:25 AM)Rampy Wrote: Never liked red beer

I never heard of it before. Doesn't sound like a good combination to me. Tomato juice and spiced rum however......

Terry
(04-16-2024, 08:32 AM)specops56 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 04:25 AM)Rampy Wrote: Never liked red beer

I never heard of it before. Doesn't sound like a good combination to me. Tomato juice and spiced rum however......

Terry

Never heard of that before 

had a couple bloody Mary’s and never likes them either
A "Red Eye", called such as it is widely believed to be a hangover cure but unlike most it actually tastes pretty good. I like mine with the Zing Zang bloody Mary mix, though I haven't had one in years.

Seriously, Zing Zang is an awesome drink without anything else in it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MontanaLon's post:

Alcohol dehydrates the body so the best cure for a hangover is a large glass of water.

Terry