unstuffed cabbage rolls

4 Replies, 305 Views

I like cabbage rolls, but don't like boiling the cabbage, letting it cool, and then rolling them up. A few months ago I tried a recipe for un stuffed rolls but didn't like it.
Today I tried a different recipe and it came out excellent!  I discovered I was out of bay leaves, so I didn't use that. Other than that and some estimated measurements, I followed this recipe.

https://theblondcook.com/unstuffed-cabbage-rolls/
[-] The following 1 user Likes tommag's post:

Wife makes it every now and then & this recipe is close to what she makes & we eat on it for 3-4 meals

Going to try this recipe with ground buffalo and Italian tomatoes
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024, 07:13 PM by Rampy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

Made this tonight but used ground buffalo as well as San Marzano pealed tomatoes and 1/2 jar of mutti tomato purée 

Was really tasty, I’m strange and on a Italian tomato kick, could have put in the entire jar of Mutti
[-] The following 2 users Like Rampy's post:

Looks good, need to give it a try as I love cabbage.
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
[-] The following 1 user Likes md65636's post:

Warmed up the leftovers, assed Mutti so it was soupy & put in a couple eggs, ummmmm good 😛😛😛😛
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post: