watched a movie

4 Replies, 1388 Views

I'm sure everyone has watched Jeremiah Johnson before, but it was the first time for me.  I was almost1/2 way through it before I figured it out that it was based on Liver eating Johnson. It is somewhat local history for me, I know the area fairly well.  Anyway, I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially the part where he and his Flathead bride got used to each other.
I haven't seen that in forever. Great movie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emptymag's post:

(07-29-2023, 11:28 PM)Emptymag Wrote: I haven't seen that in forever. Great movie.

They glossed over his vendetta against the crows and his capture/escape from the Blackfoot. One tough sob!
(07-29-2023, 10:40 PM)tommag Wrote: I'm sure everyone has watched Jeremiah Johnson before, but it was the first time for me.  I was almost1/2 way through it before I figured it out that it was based on Liver eating Johnson. It is somewhat local history for me, I know the area fairly well.  Anyway, I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially the part where he and his Flathead bride got used to each other.

He is buried in Cody Wyoming & it was a huge thing when he was relocated from LA (I think it was) to Trail Town & Robert Redford attended the funeral 

We have been to his grave a couple times
Another good one is "The Mountain Men" with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith. Very good portrayal of the pre-1840 Rocky Mountain fur trappers. The Rendezvous scenes are very accurate and the escape from the Blackfoot is based on John Colter's run.

I have a red fox fur hat based on the one Brian Keith wore in the movie:

[Image: OduM9ge.jpg]

Terry
[-] The following 3 users Like specops56's post: