AlphaRomeo15
I dressed up for a funeral - Printable Version

+- AlphaRomeo15 (https://www.alpharomeo15.org)
+-- Forum: Back at the Hooch (https://www.alpharomeo15.org/Forum-Back-at-the-Hooch)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.alpharomeo15.org/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: I dressed up for a funeral (/Thread-I-dressed-up-for-a-funeral)

I dressed up for a funeral - tommag - 08-21-2023

So, today I went to a funeral. I bought a button up shirt, black slacks and a tie. A friend had never seen me in anything but raggedy t shirt and khakis looked at me and said " Dang, you look like somebody hung a chandelier in an outhouse. Come here and let me tie your tie properly."

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - specops56 - 08-22-2023

Sorry you had to go to a funeral! I don't even own a tie anymore.

Terry

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - md65636 - 08-22-2023

A friend told me Saturday that I looked different. A few hours later he said your wearing long pants. It's so hot at work that we are in shorts and t-shirts.

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - Emptymag - 08-22-2023

I have my own lawn care business and several years ago, I decided to get a winter job to keep some money rolling in until spring.
I figured Walmart would do, so I applied, and was called in for an interview.
Any interview I've been on in the past has been "suit and tie", but since it was "Walmart", I figured I could get away with just the dress pants, shirt and tie.
The interviewer said something like "Wow, look at you, all dressed for success! It's nice to see it - I've never had anyone come in for an interview wearing a tie before!"
LOL

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - srjdsmith - 08-23-2023

(08-22-2023, 09:54 PM)Emptymag Wrote: I have my own lawn care business and several years ago, I decided to get a winter job to keep some money rolling in until spring.
I figured Walmart would do, so I applied, and was called in for an interview.
Any interview I've been on in the past has been "suit and tie", but since it was "Walmart", I figured I could get away with just the dress pants, shirt and tie.
The interviewer said something like "Wow, look at you, all dressed for success! It's nice to see it - I've never had anyone come in for an interview wearing a tie before!"
LOL

hahaha! You should have worn the suit! You’d be the general manager by now…

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - md65636 - 08-24-2023

I had an interview for a state job. The job and division was more white collar than blue collar. However, the department was more laid back and did casual dress. I showed up in a suit and the four interviewers were dressed casual. I was asked if I had purchased the suit for the interview. I told them no as I had purchased it several months prior to the interview. I had purchased it for a friend's funeral. He was not doing good and knew it was a matter of time. Everything has to be ordered in our area. So, the suit came in after three weeks and I was fitted a few days later. I got the call the suit was ready 30 minutes before his funeral.

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - Glshooter - 08-28-2023

I interviewed for a job at the Fed prison in Phoenix. I was employed by one in Oklahoma City at the time and had been in the BOP for 13 years. I walked in in a double breasted black suit and tie and was met by the Hospital Administrator in the area I wanted to work in. These people had their jaws on the floor like they had never seen a guy walk in dressed to impress. I already had the job thanks to an Associate Warden at my joint talking-to his buddy AW at PHX but I didn't know that at the time.

That suit was the one I wore on all medical transfers that I did for two decades. Walking in to a hospital unit in the real world and getting an inmate always was easy. I scared the crap out of half the nurses as they just new I was FBI or a US Marshal. I'm a nurse so when we did hit a little glitch I knew the lingo and had the skills to deal with the recalcitrant staff, of which there were a few, and it sure smoothed out boarding on commercial airliners. I always packed the gun on the armed transfers and the flight crew always treated me well..lol

Greg

PS: I've worn that suit to way to many funerals. I'll probably get burned up in mine.

RE: I dressed up for a funeral - Rampy - 09-09-2023

It’s funeral season…….

Need to pull the suit out and see how it fits 

Life sucks and I hate funerals…..k