BBQ Oops….

7 Replies, 6067 Views

Stumbled across a BBQ joint that had extremely glowing. & bubbling reviews with only a few scattered ones with anything negative 

Was extremely disappointing & only a tad better than Dickies 

[Image: IMG-5931.jpg]
It's amazing the amount of bbq joints with excellent reviews that are completely disappointing. I always try a place twice just in case they are having bad day. Case in point, I have been to The Shed twice and was disappointed both times.
"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." Thomas Lynch, The Undertaking: Life Studies from a Dismal Trade
A couple of my co workers really like bbq Pete's in kent, WA. I suppose it's good, but since I lost my sense of smell and a large share of my sense of taste, it doesn't seem that great. About the only thing I enjoy today is highly spiced Mexican foods. Not talking about chilies or any of the chain"Mexican" resteraunts, but the taco trucks or small resteraunts where English isn't the primary language. I really like the Chile Verde at el rinconsito or the birria at taqueria Los potrillos in south center with a double side of diced fresh peppers and cilantro.
Disappointing BBQ is… disappointing. But better than McDonald’s.
[-] The following 2 users Like srjdsmith's post:

(10-01-2023, 10:23 PM)srjdsmith Wrote: Disappointing BBQ is… disappointing. But better than McDonald’s.

Can’t say you’re wrong but Woza such expensive disappointment. $57 at  McDonald’s goes a long way one Big Mac at a time 🤣🤣🤣🤣
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rampy's post:

I have had lots of bad bbq. Dickie’s was the worst. We had a rush of bbq joints in the town near me a few years ago and they all failed. Horrible food or so hit and miss you didn’t dare chance it.

When I traveled for work finding the best in town was a goal. Some of the best places were absolute dives. One of the best is no longer in operation and I do miss it. (CJ’s). They gave another location but the side dishes are not the same quality and the ribs are just a tad dryer than the other place. Not a bad meal but the area is a tad sketchy for me.

We have a new local joint that opened in the last few years and I have not tried it yet. I’m afraid of being disappointed. Lots of pop up bbq stands as well and none make it. Good bbq costs money and time. Most places dont have the time to prepare it right and try and find a shortcut. Shortcuts never fool me although there are some shortcuts that work. One bbq place makes a chicken fried steak with white gravy that tastes good for a bit then gets overwhelming. Turns out they substitute sugar for sausage and most people dont catch it.

Truth is most people do not know what good bbq is out here on the west coast. I have not made much myself this year as time has been short and I cannot find the time to cook half a day. Do it right or don’t do it at all is my motto these days.
[-] The following 3 users Like Towtruck's post:

We have a Dickies here just down the road from me. We tried it when it first opened. Never again. You're right, people don't know good BBQ. The best BBQ I ever had was in 1975 in Key West. I was in A school just after boot camp. It was a little hole in the wall off the highway with a sign out front that just said "EAT." Tender, juicy, sweet and tangy BBQ pork and corn on the cob that melted in your mouth!

Terry
The mall has a dickies & they post pictures of stacked wood and pictures of BBQ saying it’s real smoked Q

We had it once, hot garbage and never again, the Chinese restaurant has better bbq 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣